Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your views on controversial issues and your parents'

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 26 Replies

Do your views on controversial issues (abortion, gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, etc) match with your parents' views?? 

With my mother they don't. She is very religious and old school: adamently pro-life in all circumstances whereas I am pro-choice; I am absolutely for gay marriage, she feels it's a sin to even be gay; I'm for legalization even though I don't smoke, she isn't and hopes it never passes.  With my father, we agree on mostly everything. He doesn't like abortion but he respects a woman's right to choose, he has no problem with gay marriage, and he's a smoker so I'm sure he's for the legalization of marijuana. The only thing we aren't in agreement on is gun control. [[For the record, my parents are divorced, as you can read they are complete opposites]] 

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Id say we agree for the most part: Let people do their thing & keep the goverment out of it as much as possible..

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Bump! 

ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

my dad and i have the exact same motto- live and let live. 

kidlover2
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Nope. Not even a little bit. There are a few less controversial things we agree on I suppose. We are the exact opposite on all things politics and politically driven.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emelymac
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My parents and I do not see anything the same way. 

NorthStar09
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Nope. We just dont talk about it.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I don't know. my parents and I have never had a good enough relationship to ever talk about those issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
My dad is pro-choice, I'm pro-life, we are both for gay marriage, against gun control and for the legalization if Mary Jane.

We both lean to the right of center but I can't stand most GOP leaders. He's a little more conservative than I am but has some left leaning views.
LuvnMyCrew3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I am the opposite.. my mom and I agree on most things but not my father and I.

NotAMuggle
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

no. my mother is pro-life. she doesn't know i've had an abortion but she knows i am very pro choice.

she's on the same side with me when it comes to gay marriage. she believes it should be allowed.

she's very pro-God, and anti Obama whereas I voted for him and I don't believe religion should be allowed in government or in schools.

my dad, on the other hand, we are definitely one in the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)