Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a bit hurt today, it's my birthday and

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 69 Replies

So far it has been a normal day other than I received a few more facebook messages and texts from friends and family to say happy birthday.  I was woke up by DD this morning like every morning, came down and found DH playing a video game.  So I made DD breakfast and got her fed and laid down for a nap, cleaned the kitchen, dining room and office.  I will be doing some laundry and vacuming with DD wakes up.  Then I will be doing homework that is due tomorrow.  DH said happy birthday and so far that is it.  I am honestly a bit bummed about it.  I don't need some big thing, we are on a tight budget right now so I understand that going out for dinner or having a day out isn't going to happen.  But at the very least I would have liked to come down and had DH do the usual daily routine stuff and have the house cleaned.  I would have been so happy to wake up to that.  But no.  The really sad part is that I had to plan my own get together for this weekend.  I planned out and invited everyone over to the house for a bbq.  

Am I wrong for feeling a bit frustrated and irritated about this?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

eh, birthdays are just another day in my world

I mowed the lawn on Mothers Day

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Happy Birthday Mama!

Your bday sounds like mine was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm sorry! I know how you feel. Last year I planned my birthday get together as well then at the last minute (as I was getting ready) all 4 people who agreed to hang out called and cancelled!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Happy birthday!!
lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. I made it clear from the beginning that all birthdays in our home will be celebrated. I decorate the house the night before for my husband and girls. They do the same for me. My husband always goes out of the way to make my day special. I love that he does that.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It could be a lot worse....like in the hospital losing your baby.

kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I would be hurt. It's your special day but your dh isn't bothering to recognize that.

Have you talked to your dh about how you feel? Men aren't mind readers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Aww I'm sorry : ( I would be upset too. Do you think your dh has anything planned for tonight? I hope your day gets better, happy birthday!!!
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Eh I realize it is just another day for many people but when DH had his birthday I told him to just relax and enjoy the day.  I took care of everything and even made him an awesome dinner.  I think I will be lucky to get that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)