Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be able to stay with your DH/SO/BF "forever"? *edit **Edit 2

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 137 Replies

**I see some of you really do what to last forever and its super sweet that you feel that way. But why don't you ask your DH see what he says, just for fun and be honest. I was.

** I think most of you have missunderstood me. Of course when I married my DH I really Meant till death do us part. I love my DH  like I have never before. My love for him cant really be discribed. And his love for me is the same. We have been together almost 10 years, 3 kids. And our up and downs like EVERY SINGLE COUPLE.

When we  apart we can't sleep, and we are constanly on the phone with each other or texting. Yes, I cant honestly picture myself with out him ever, and by that I mean divorce. When I say we would get bored of each other I mean, we need Breaks, as in weekends away with freinds, or over night trips or visiting family. NOT A BREAK AS IN SEX WITH ANY ONE ELSE OR RELATIONSHIP!

And I so wish the internet could have some sarcasm font, because you ladies didnt understand the joke of living separetly and having sleep overs.

Also yay! for the moms who have married for decades and the ones that hope to be there some day =)

I recently read an article where a couple had been married for 80 years. No joke. 80 years!Every single day, waking up to the same person, going to bed with the same person, having sex with the same person. For 80 years! As sweet as it may be to find your True Love and REALLY last till death do you part, I would be bored of my DH, and he thinks the same. We chatted about this, and we both think that as much as we love each other, and we do, (we have been through hell and back). We would eventually get bored of each other. I mean we have been together almost a decade and there have been times where we needed a break from each other. The only way we can see being together for at least 50 years, we will probably have to live separate but still be married and do sleep overs every few days. Do you honestly think you could last 50+ years with your significant other?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

both of my grandparents were married over 50 years before a spouce passed

one set were married 61 when my grandma died 2 years ago

wumbo
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I think I could gladly and easily handle that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Yes I do believe my DH and I will last that long. We both love each other very much. If we didn't think we would be together forever then we wouldn't have gotten married.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Yes I do think I can live with my husband forever. I love to be around him. When he retires heat have to get a hobby that takes him away from the house a few days a week so he doesn't drive me nuts. But I still want to wake up and go to sleep next to him every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Without a doubt. Df is also my best friend. We've been friends since we were 5.
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yes. But I do think that people need a break from each other.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes...that is what I had in mind when we got married.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course. I find it incredibly odd that a couple, supposed to live and cherish one another, "knows"they will not want to last that long. I can't imagine my life without my husband, my best friend.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Why would you get bored? I could imagine being with one person forever, you just couldn't be enmeshed.
SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Yes, I definitely could. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN