Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How hard is it to say "no thank you" OR to donate it?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
9 moms liked this
Formula when you're a breast feeding mom?! I can't believe how many times I have read posts on here where women say "OMG my baby's dr gave me formula & I'm breast feeding! What should I do?" And so many people reply with "Toss it!" Seriously? Why not just grow a set & tell your dr "no thank you, I won't use it- give it to another mom who will." Or if you for some reason can't say no to your dr, take it to your local WIC office or women's shelter, something like that, & donate it! You're throwing away perfectly good formula that some other mom's baby could use!
By the way, I breast feed but I could never imagine just throwing away perfectly good formula!

Edit- there is NO NEED to turn this into a pa debate! The bottom line is that there ARE people who need formula but can't afford it; why & how they do manage to get it doesn't matter... All that matters is that THEIR BABIES ARE BEING FED. End of story. If you feel the need to bash those on pa, go elsewhere.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Because there are sone breastfeeding moms who view formula as poison and would rather toss than help a struggeling family poison their child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM

This

Quoting unsuspected:

Because there are sone breastfeeding moms who view formula as poison and would rather toss than help a struggeling family poison their child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Yes, I have known women like this. Sad.

Quoting unsuspected:

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

So you'd rather a baby starve? You suck. 

Quoting unsuspected:

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I don't understand why they don't just say no thankyou either.... Why take something you won't use?

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Lol I never said I was that breastfeeding mom. There are women in the bteastfeeding group here on cm and members of la leche that would feel that way. She asked why, this is why.

I have donated unwanted formula through freecycle and to tge crisis pregnancy center and my church.

Quoting ajdahd13:

So you'd rather a baby starve? You suck. 

Quoting unsuspected:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting unsuspected:

This. It's so wasteful. I exclusively breastfed my youngest son and whenever I got samples of formula, I donated them to the local crisis pregnancy center. I guess I helped "poison" some babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting unsuspected:

That's like going to a birthday party, someone giving you a juicebox for your kid, and tossing it in the trash because that shit is FULL of poison. Some people are just idiots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM
This thinking is ridiculous! IMO, if you don't like formula, fine, don't use it. But to just throw away something that another baby could desperately use is sick...
Idk if you personally feel this way...

Quoting unsuspected:

vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I kept my samples just in case. Now I've used all of them because I'm not producing enough. I'm not too thrilled about it but I'm not going to starve her over my own beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)