Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

agree or not this is what im doing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this
At almost 6 and 8 my kids can and are expected to keep their rooms picked up. They dont. I told them yesterday to go in and not leave till they were clean. 2 hrs later they didnt pick up a thing. Now ive given them an hour to pick up and anything on the floor or not put away is getting bagged up (the room could be clean in 15 min if they tried). im sick of this and if they cant keep their rooms clean i told them they obviously have too much stuff and i will take care of that problem for them. Anyone try something similar? How did it work?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiCo86
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my boys (4 and 11) have at one point had all their toys bagged up and had to earn them back for not cleaning their rooms. It worked, and my kids are pretty good about keeping clean now.

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I hope it works, good luck, post an update.

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I would do the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My mother did that to us our whole lives, we never had anything, it gave us emotional issues when it comes to, "our things".

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I always tell dd if she can't pick up I'll get a trashbag and pick up. Never had to do it. My dad did it to me and only kept the stuff away from me for a week. If it happened again I'd lose it permanently. Never happened I kept it clean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea i just went and checked on them and they r sitting staring into space like they dont believe me. whatever is left dh said he would bag up tomorrow when they r in school

Quoting NiCo86:

Both of my boys (4 and 11) have at one point had all their toys bagged up and had to earn them back for not cleaning their rooms. It worked, and my kids are pretty good about keeping clean now.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My girls we once had to bag everything up and they had to earn them back. It worked for them.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My mom did that to us when were were pr-teens and teens... we definately starting making sure our rooms were cleaned.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My mom did it. It taught me to keep my room clean.
aalmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
That's exactly what I do. But my boys are 3. They've been picking up after themselves for almost 2 years now, maybe longer (one will be 4 the end of the month, the other will be 4 in August) so if they don't pick up their toys I tell them I'm throwing them away and they go in the shed for about a month
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)