Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some parents do this????

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 480 Replies
1 mom liked this

I took my lil man to the park this afternoon for a mommy/son date. Hes been a real trooper since his sister was born and SD moved in. He hasnt really gotten much attention, and usually Micah and I are glued to each other all the time. (He even sleeps with me.) 

But on to what happened: I was at the park with my little man and after we ate our picknic dinner we went to play on the jungle gym. There was 3 more kids playing on the jungle gym (No big deal) And their parents were off to the side talking about something involving easter or something and completly ignoring their kids. Micah and I climbed up (I stay with my kids 100% of the time while at the park, I climb up and play with them and stick beside them the whole time were there.) The kids that were already up there playing were prob about 5 and 6, and My Little man is 15 months old. Him and I climbed up together and the other kids stopped us and said you can't play here, this is our doctors office, if you come up here you have to play with us. I calmly asked the child to move and let my little guy go down the slide. The child than promptly went to pick up my son and tell him he better play with them. I went to grab my son and told the child don't do that!!! My son kicked the child in the stomach. She freaked him out. The child ran to her mom, who met me at the bottom of the slide when my son and I got down there. The mom started to flip out on ME! Telling me to keep my child on a leash and teach him to behave. I calmly started telling the mom what happened, and she started saying I dont care your child needs to keep his hands to himself, and started just having a fit, saying my kid kicked her child for no reason, and her daughter just wanted to play with him, and I shouldnt of been a bitch about it, blah blah blah blah blah. I than told her that she needed to watch her kids. Instead of blaming my toddler for her kids behavior, Just woman up and watch her kids.

These kids were so unsupervised it wasnt funny. The mother and her friends were facing the opposite direction from these kids about 15 to 20 feet away. One of the kids even ran about 50 feet from the jungle gym (So about 70 feet from his mother) To the playground at the school next to the park to play, and his mother didnt even realize it. They didnt turn around to check on the kids, they didnt even bat an eyelash at their exsistance. They didnt care until the little girl went and told her my son just kicked her. Someone could have snatched those children and their mom wouldnt of realized it until it was time to go. I mean really???

Why do some parents do this? 

Yes after that we did go to another jungle gym to play. 

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM
4 moms liked this
So what did you do to your child when he kicked another child?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this

They probably can't see how far away the kids are with their heads being up their ass and all.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Uh I hate moms like that too LOL. Little girl deserved it. You don't touch another kid .
MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

After the kid put him down, I pulled him away and explained we dont kick other kids, regardless of what happened. 

Quoting audreesmama:

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
39 moms liked this

1. i am that parent

2. i don't helicopter my 4 or 6 year old at the park

3. they need independence

4. if you had issues, you tell the parents

5. we aren't oblivious to the children

6. kids need room to explore without being hovered and followed and constantly attached to their mommies.

7. if your kid would have kicked my child, i would have let my child pummel yours.

8. you are more the issue than the other parents

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Ok...Im not even touching this
CallMeSwarley
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
11 moms liked this
Lol...seriously? A FIFTEEN month old being harassed by big kids? I would've given him a high five.

Quoting audreesmama:

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

He got cake after the mom flipped out on me. LOL! So I guess treating him defeat the purpose of giving him the lecture lol

Quoting CallMeSwarley:

Lol...seriously? A FIFTEEN month old being harassed by big kids? I would've given him a high five.

Quoting audreesmama:

marshsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 5.5 and I don't shadow him at the playground anymore, he's a big boy and he needs to be able to exist without me holding his hand every second. But he also know manners and I'm not a crazy lunatic.
catrig
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
19 moms liked this

You would let your kid pummel a 15 month old that they shouldn't be trying to pick up?  Nice.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

1. i am that parent

2. i don't helicopter my 4 or 6 year old at the park

3. they need independence

4. if you had issues, you tell the parents

5. we aren't oblivious to the children

6. kids need room to explore without being hovered and followed and constantly attached to their mommies.

7. if your kid would have kicked my child, i would have let my child pummel yours.

8. you are more the issue than the other parents

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)