Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you hate your post pregnant body?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 110 Replies

Hi, I am 40 years old.  I had 2 sons by the time I was 20.   (I  am also a grandmother!)  Please dont judge this part as it is not my issue.

When I became pregnant with my first I gained 65lbs. (I was 100lbs prior)  Being so young I had never heard of stretch marks and did not use any creams to prevent.  I know they are also caused by hormones, but my body literally ripped apart it seems.    I hate my post pregnant body and it has casued me such pain trying to always cover myself.  Sadly, I would have a nice body if I had no stretch marks.  I was blessed with a terrific shape, round butt, nice hips, curve hourglass type waist.   But it doesnt matter.  I am told I am pretty and look early 30s and not even close to 40, since people say im "pretty" it almost seems they have expectations..like when they see how flawed my body is they are shocked. ( Personally i do not think i am pretty, but admit i have an "interesting" face which maybe people translate to nice looking. I for sure have unusual features.)

I have deep stretch marks on...

Breasts:  they go so high up and are so deep that I can never ever wear a v neck shirt.  They go up onto my chest!

Stomach and hips:  I dont have the severe full belly ones but I have random patches and singles ones scattered and of course all are deep.  Again deep

Thighs:  Top on thighs have deep patch of stretch marks.  If I wore a bathing suit or shirt shorts you would see what looks like I was scratched by a lion on the top of each thigh.  Place you fingers together on top of thighs while sitting and you will get an idea.

Butt:  My ENTIRE butt has streach marks all over it.  Im not talking faint lines.  Like I said all of mine are DEEP

Calves:  These are the only ones not deep, but nontheless the are on my calf.

Vagina:  I even have stretch marks between my legs.  One the very inner thight where it all "meets"

When I run my hands over my body i can feel them.  They are that deep.  My body feels like a relief map (remember those from school with the bumps and valleys)  Running my hand over myself i can actually feel the deep indentions.  The only parts of my body that are smooth are my back, neck, arms face, inner thigh.

I dont know how to deal.  Its been 20 years of covering my body.  Wearing shorts to the beach that have to go up to my belly button to try to hide belly, butt, thigh marks.  I have to wear tankini type tops as well to cover breasts, chest.

I cant take it anymore.  Try living in south florida and covering up all the time!  I know people say to wear it at a badge of motherhood etc but im sorry, im embarrassed.  After 20 years they are as deep and severe as ever.  Only chage is they are no longer bright red (but will turn red, silver and white in sun exposure.

I am vacationing in the Caribbean soon and instead of being happy all I can think about is being embarrassed as the group I am traveling with all have perfect i mean perfect bodies.

Does any other mom relate?  OR were you all belssed to have been spared this?   Sometimes i get so ashamed by it.  

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aisforawesome
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I HATE my post baby body, I gained 50lbs and sretch marks everywhere. But everyone else I know that have had kids don't even look like they had kids... Why did I have to get fat? :( I actually ate healthy and tried to keep my weight maintained. Now I'm dieting but it seems like the more I work out and try to lose weight the more I gain! And I'm only 24!

i wanted to add that I have stretch marks that start a little bit above my belly button and end in my pubic region. Even my vigina got fat! 

vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I don't like it but I wouldn't say that I hate it. Maybe that's part of this whole "love yourself for who you are" thing I'm working on saying that or not, though.

My skin isn't very elastic and my stomach is streaked like a ribeye. My boobs have some stretch marks, as do my hips, but the whole baby pooch thing is what bothers me the most. I'm working on it as it is a process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'm not thrilled with it at the moment, 2 weeks pp with my 3rd, but I'll get back in shape!

Tiffanie2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I have the issue with not so perky breasts.  Hopefully breast augmentation will take care of that in due time.  I also have stretch marks on various parts of my body. 

That being said, I don't hate my body.  I love it....flaws and all.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Yes and no. I was 100 lbs when I got pregnant with dd and gained 45 during the pregnancy. I now have stretch marks on my butt (which aren't cute) and I lost WAY too much weight after (which I'm gaining back) but I did get bigger hips and I love it! I looked so flat before and even though I only weigh 96 now, I at least have a little shape to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I hate my post pregnancy body.  I hate that I have so much weight to lose.  Most of all I hate that after 3 c-sections I have that horrible c-section flap.  Ick.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

The only thing I dislike is my boobs got bigger. I don't have stretch marks nor saggy skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I look the same as I did before kids. No baby weight, no stretch marks and because I have naturally small breast, by boobs do not sag.

I live my body: )
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I have the deep ones on my sides where my belly stretched a lot. I can feel those. The others are on my boobs and my upper thighs where they aren't visible, but they still bother me sometimes.

Mama110981
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Omg thank u for posting this! Im mean im sorry u feel uncomfortable but i feel the same way u do! My strech marks are like white and almost look like scars on my belly. Im totally ok with my curvier hips butt and thighs but my belly just hangs from my skin being streches out. Ive been trying so hard to get back in shape but the more i work out the more that hangs Its horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)