Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Facebook during delivery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
2 moms liked this
Am I the only one who was more concerned with my baby coming and dealing with pain instead of posting update after update on facebook? This was my niece yesterday...she was updating her status every hour until she had to have a c-section.

Before anyone says it, yes I can just scroll down my newsfeed and ignore them. But seriously, the delivery, birth, and having mommy/baby time should be seen as a little more important than giving update after update on a social networking site. I didn't even check mine until dd was about 3 weeks old.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I updated mine after he was born. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I knew I was having c-sections before all 3.. so FB was informed.. but it was a bit different than informing during active labor...

Had I been confined to a bed in pain for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.. I may have been updating FB.. who knows.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

HandMmom12
by Jody on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
6 moms liked this
I detest people who do that! Really, who needs to know you're 6cm dilated and 50% effaced? Shit, if I did, I'd be there, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I didnt post anything until after the baby was born and they took them to the nursery for a few mins to be checked and then brought them back. My eric doesnt even have a fb and his phone was shut off the whole time i was in labor which was bad bc he wasnt back in time. 

HLmom89
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
After he was born and by lunch time i posted some pics of my kids on fb,
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Labor is semi boring. I mean really you are just sitting there for hours on end, waiting for it to be time to push. I am not a facebook person, so I wouldnt be updating my status, but I did watch a lot of netflix and do random things to entertain myself. She was probably just excited and wanted to share that excitment with others. I dont think it is a huge deal.
happy41ce
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

THIS

Quoting Anonymous:

Labor is semi boring. I mean really you are just sitting there hours on end waiting for it to be time to push. I am not a facebook person, so I wouldnt be updating my status, but I did watch a lot of netflix and do random things to entertain myself. She was probably just excited and wanted to share that excitment with others. I dont think it is a huge deal.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I was on cafemom during labor, didn't have anything else to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I don't think I even had a fb until ds was born and people kept asking to see pics.

I can understand wanting to do something to keep yourself busy between contractions. A new baby is an exciting time for a mommy too. It's not something I would personally do though.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I don't care if they do it, but my family and other boring people on there can wait. I'm more interested in focusing on the experience. I think it was about a week before I got on there after giving birth. I just called my close family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)