Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monochromacy? (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 25 months old. She can count to 10 in English, identify over 50 animals, count to 5 in Serbian, knows I don't even know how many words in English, Russian, Arabic, Serbian......But colours are another story. She knows all of there names. I will hold a block up, tell her what colour it is, she repeats it. I will then hold p another block of equal size and shape of a different colour, and she assumes that it is the same, or guesses a different colour that is totally off. White is yellow. Red is Brown or Black. Blue (depending upon it's darkness) is brown, white, black or even purple. I believe she may suffer from Monochromacy, the complete form of colourblindness. When should I bring this up to her doctor?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Or she is 2

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM

uh huh...

Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Mention at the next appointment. Or set one up. But colors are harder than remembering HOW to count (which is speaking) or seeing animals (which have faces and noticable differences). My daughter is incredible smart/advanced for her age (2yrs) (not a genius, just advanced.) we are just working on colors. She can say sentences and difficult words like "coffee addiction"! LOL! but she can't count past 2 and we still get some colors mixed up. But it doesn't hurt to check. I'd think the sooner the better. right?

5PointedHuman
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Uh huh, what?

Quoting Anonymous:

uh huh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)