Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal. I hate being a mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Please give me some encouragement or advice. I don't know what to do with my feelings anymore. Dont get me wrong I would never hurt my son. I take care of him and show him love. But I feel like its all fake. I feel so much shame and guilt when I say this but I truly hate being a mother. I hate every single aspect of it and my son back talks me constantly so that doesn't make it easy either. He's 5 and I thought as he got older we would become closer. Not at all. He's pretty close to his dad but not me. I'm just his care taker dads the fun one. I want him to have a sibling but the thought of anymore children makes me want to vomit. Please give me advice. I don't know how to live with these feelings. I don't know how to be positive and try to be his pal.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MysticIceWater
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Are you a Sahm?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Hugs mama..sounds like you're having a rough time..can anyone give you a break?and maybe try doing fun stuff with him,like if he has a favorite hobby or something..make it his & your time..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I work two hours a day at a school - ironic huh? But basically yes I am. I'm actively searching for a job and can't find one. I think I'd be a lot happier.

Quoting MysticIceWater:

Are you a Sahm?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Maybe you just arent cut out to be a mother. Im not saying that to be a bitch, some women just dont have it in them and thats OKAY.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Are you depressed?
zoo003
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM

First off, you are not a bad mother, just having some issues right now.  I am not an expert, but to me, and this is only my opinion, it sounds like you could have some depression. I would highly recommend finding someone you could talk to and get some help.  If anything, it would be a safe place to vent your frustrations, learn some new skills, and talk about how you are feeling, as well as work out any other issues that you may have.  However, I will say this, if you feel that you could hurt yourself or your child at any time, and I am not saying that you would or you do feel like this, but if it ever gets that bad, please call for help.  I wish you luck and I hope things start turning around for you soon.  Just take one day at a time.     

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Truth is my dh works a lot but when he is off which is for three or four days in a row he does basically all the parenting. I call that time my break. But I even get jealous when I see him playing with our son. One for why does he like being a parent and I don't and two for not spending the time with me. Stupid I know. I am so ashamed. I don't know what to do. I literally hate my life.

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Hugs mama..sounds like you're having a rough time..can anyone give you a break?and maybe try doing fun stuff with him,like if he has a favorite hobby or something..make it his & your time..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I am bipolar and having depression and am on meds for it. I would never hurt myself or my son. I just wish I could re do my life and write him out. That's so horrible. I'm a horrible mother I know.

Quoting zoo003:

First off, you are not a bad mother, just having some issues right now.  I am not an expert, but to me, and this is only my opinion, it sounds like you could have some depression. I would highly recommend finding someone you could talk to and get some help.  If anything, it would be a safe place to vent your frustrations, learn some new skills, and talk about how you are feeling, as well as work out any other issues that you may have.  However, I will say this, if you feel that you could hurt yourself or your child at any time, and I am not saying that you would or you do feel like this, but if it ever gets that bad, please call for help.  I wish you luck and I hope things start turning around for you soon.  Just take one day at a time.     

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Yeah honestly I think that's it. I just wasn't ever supposed to do this. I feel like I'm living in hell. I look at moms with more than one and think they are insane.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you just arent cut out to be a mother. Im not saying that to be a bitch, some women just dont have it in them and thats OKAY.
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Don't get down on yourself.parenting is not an easy job & there's some parts of it that are tough.you are a sahm?have you thought about maybe doing something part time work wise to just get out a little?

Quoting Anonymous:

Truth is my dh works a lot but when he is off which is for three or four days in a row he does basically all the parenting. I call that time my break. But I even get jealous when I see him playing with our son. One for why does he like being a parent and I don't and two for not spending the time with me. Stupid I know. I am so ashamed. I don't know what to do. I literally hate my life.

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)