Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Ever have a Bunion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I had a horrid bunion. It was awful. Painful and hideous to look at. I had surgery a fewweeks ago. I had to have the bone shaved (the bunion itself i mean), they broke my big toe to realign it, then broke the lapidis (sp?) to realign the bones  that go up to the big toe and the second toe, and shaved the tailor bunion (the joint of my pinky toe just like the big toe). I have 5 screws some kind of small plate and a wire (the wire will probably come out later).

Well, needless to say I'm in a sh!+ ton of pain. I'm on pain meds. I knew it would be painful, but damn. and this is WITH goodpain pills...Has anyone else ever had this surgery? Please tell me all this pain is worth it!? I'm in the big black boot as of today but it just hurts more in it! Does anyone have any advice who has been through this? When does the pain start to go away? :(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

bump

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

i've never had one, but i used to work in an ortho office and a lot of patients said the same thing.  apparently, it's hell for most people.  however, it's been a few weeks, so i would think that pain should start easing up by now.  i would call the doctor's office in the morning.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

No but I need to have it. My prbolem is the middle toe. I am still deciding if I will do it or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM

bump

C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Nope thank Heavens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM

It didn't hurt this bad until I got the boot. I feel like it's pinching my foot like side to side. I'm on percocet...and something else she was going to call in today that is a step down from that. (can't remember the name) but I took one pill before bed, but seriously hurt...I can't sleep! :(

Quoting almondpigeon:

i've never had one, but i used to work in an ortho office and a lot of patients said the same thing.  apparently, it's hell for most people.  however, it's been a few weeks, so i would think that pain should start easing up by now.  i would call the doctor's office in the morning.

thetrollcat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM

oh well then you will feel sorry for my mother considering she has arthritis so bad her foot was completely turned in. They had to break up her WHOLE FOOT and stick pins into EVERY TOE down the heel to straighten out her foot... ya.... she said it was worse than her back surgery but I dunno she cried bad when she had the rod put in her back....

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM

they may have given you a boot that's too small.  i would definitely call in the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

It didn't hurt this bad until I got the boot. I feel like it's pinching my foot like side to side. I'm on percocet...and something else she was going to call in today that is a step down from that. (can't remember the name) but I took one pill before bed, but seriously hurt...I can't sleep! :(

Quoting almondpigeon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

OMG that sounds awful! Sorry she had to go through that! :(

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh well then you will feel sorry for my mother considering she has arthritis so bad her foot was completely turned in. They had to break up her WHOLE FOOT and stick pins into EVERY TOE down the heel to straighten out her foot... ya.... she said it was worse than her back surgery but I dunno she cried bad when she had the rod put in her back....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)