Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pierogie Bar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

So Im watching Chopped the other night and one of the mandatory ingredients was some pierogies. This made me want them so bad, only problem is I cant eat them now being on a gluten-free diet (for medical reasons not this stupid fad going on). I sat there in bed and started to think about making my own and what wonderful fillings I can use. Then I started to think well what if I open a pierogie bar with all types of potato, cheese, meat, and fruit fillings and offer toppings/sauces like marinara, pesto, sour cream, salsa, and maple syrup. I love to cook and always wanted to have my own cafe. Im going to test my piergoie skills this week with a potato, cheddar, bacon, and chive filling and sour cream for dipping (marinara for my husband since he hates sour cream). Would a pierogie bar be something you ladies would go to?

Add In-

Im making some pierogies tonight! Im doing a potato and 3 cheese blend (asiago, cheddar, and Parmesan) and the other will be a creamy sauerkraut (drained sauerkraut mixed with a roux). Ill post results and pics later tonight

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Maybe.
Kitschy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM

LOL no, but it's hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Idea stolen! Hahahaha!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I love me some pierogies, lol....but no, I don't think I'd go to a pierogie bar...at least not if that's all that's being offered. 

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
We had a restaurant here called "Parma Pierogis" and the place was always busy. It has a lot to do with the demographics though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM

How you just described them are the American version...not truly pierogies lol.  

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

You can come to my house...we will pretend it's a pierogie bar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
YES def
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Really? Because I used to get fruit and potato and cheese and onion filled pierogis made by the polish immigrants in Slavic Village where I live. They weren't some store bought Mrs. T's crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

How you just described them are the American version...not truly pierogies lol.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

i bet it would do well if it was in the middle of an already busy place.  like, the food court at the mall or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)