Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so hurt right now. What gives bio moms??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
I'll try to make this short.

Last year SD wanted to go to a theme park for her bday so my boyfriend and his baby mom took her. Just them 3- no other kids. It was to give SD that one-on-one attention sort of speak. They all got annual passes.

It's SD's bday again and a couple weeks back bio mom says she is throwing SD a bday party. Cool. My boyfriend was planning on taking SD to the same theme park along with my dd and I.

Today the bm calls and I guess she says she wanted to go to the theme park. My boyfriend explains that he was taking me and my dd. by the way, SD was excited that the 4 of us were going.

They hang up and I kid you not, the phone rings not even 5 minutes later and it's SD. I hear his side of the conversation which went like this:

-No I'm not going to take [your aunt- BM's sister] with us.
-No I'm not going to take [your cousin- boyfriends side] with us. We're going with [my dd].
-I know she's your mom and she's throwing a bday party for you on her weekend.
-If she is going, that's fine but its my weekend with you. As of now it's no, but I'll think about it.

I've been living with my boyfriend and his kids for over 2 years. I know they love their mom but I hate that they love me when they're here with us, but when the go back to their moms, they act as if they don't like me at all. I completely respect their mom but I don't even know why because she doesn't respect me.
I'm so hurt and I don't know exactly why. It's not as if my boyfriend will break plans with my dd and I but seriously bio mom you expect him to?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Grow up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
10 moms liked this

I will give you a little perspective from a step child. 

It's incredibly confusing. On one hand, you want to love your stepmom, but on the other hand, you feel guilty because you know she's not your bio mom. You feel like you're somehow betraying your bio mom by having a relationship with your stepmom. So, when you're with stepmom, everything can be okay. You can be yourself. But, when you're with bio mom, you feel like you can't express that you love your stepmom. 

And, I don't know what your step daughter's bio mom is like, but if she's anything like mine was...it's a lot worse. Any inclination that I actually liked my stepmom, and my bio mom was throwing me on a crazy guilt trip. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

at least they try to co-parent even though she is a bit wack. hopefully your sd will realize what bm is doing and stop ignoring your presence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Why would you say that?

I think BM should grow up. She wants to include herself in everything my boyfriends family does but when her family wants to include him/us she starts calling people to tell them off and remind them that they're broken up and not to include him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I grew up with my little sisters dad but never had my dad so I sort of understand.
It hurts though. It really does.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will give you a little perspective from a step child. 

It's incredibly confusing. On one hand, you want to love your stepmom, but on the other hand, you feel guilty because you know she's not your bio mom. You feel like you're somehow betraying your bio mom by having a relationship with your stepmom. So, when you're with stepmom, everything can be okay. You can be yourself. But, when you're with bio mom, you feel like you can't express that you love your stepmom. 

And, I don't know what your step daughter's bio mom is like, but if she's anything like mine was...it's a lot worse. Any inclination that I actually liked my stepmom, and my bio mom was throwing me on a crazy guilt trip. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
11 moms liked this
"sd"? -You're not their step mother. He's your boyfriend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Agreed but that's not the point of the post

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

And bio mom is her mom. Just mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
So you call your boyfriend's daughters mom baby mama and it was your boyfriend's daughter (not her mom and not your sd because you aren't related to her) who called. How do you know this is coming from her one and only mom?
Hapsand123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM

The thing about the kids not liking you when they are gone, that is COMPLETELY about them just making the mom happy. The mom either talks crap or the kids just know she doesnt like you. And who knows how she would react if she knew the kids actually liked you so they kinda have to do it. 

Not saying its right but I know how that is. About the mom, thats just her, my mom never tried that crap with our step mom. We went to Disney and all kinds of theme parks even when it wasnt my dads weekend because my mom let us. No problems. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)