Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so hurt right now. What gives bio moms??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'll try to make this short.

Last year SD wanted to go to a theme park for her bday so my boyfriend and his baby mom took her. Just them 3- no other kids. It was to give SD that one-on-one attention sort of speak. They all got annual passes.

It's SD's bday again and a couple weeks back bio mom says she is throwing SD a bday party. Cool. My boyfriend was planning on taking SD to the same theme park along with my dd and I.

Today the bm calls and I guess she says she wanted to go to the theme park. My boyfriend explains that he was taking me and my dd. by the way, SD was excited that the 4 of us were going.

They hang up and I kid you not, the phone rings not even 5 minutes later and it's SD. I hear his side of the conversation which went like this:

-No I'm not going to take [your aunt- BM's sister] with us.
-No I'm not going to take [your cousin- boyfriends side] with us. We're going with [my dd].
-I know she's your mom and she's throwing a bday party for you on her weekend.
-If she is going, that's fine but its my weekend with you. As of now it's no, but I'll think about it.

I've been living with my boyfriend and his kids for over 2 years. I know they love their mom but I hate that they love me when they're here with us, but when the go back to their moms, they act as if they don't like me at all. I completely respect their mom but I don't even know why because she doesn't respect me.
I'm so hurt and I don't know exactly why. It's not as if my boyfriend will break plans with my dd and I but seriously bio mom you expect him to?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Replies (81-87):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Oh, screw that!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know... I guess because the mom wants to go when my boyfriend is taking their dd, not alone with dd???

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Well why can't she then?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I would think.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Can't she go with you and with her mom? I'm sure she'd love to go twice. Good luck with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Just read this whole post and laughed my ass off at all the women getting so butt hurt over titles. Sheesh. Stepmom, boyfriend's daughter. What the fuck is the difference. It's just a piece of paper. And before anyone asks, yes I am a BIOmom and I am married to my 2nd husband.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Exactly this

Quoting Anonymous:

I will give you a little perspective from a step child. 

It's incredibly confusing. On one hand, you want to love your stepmom, but on the other hand, you feel guilty because you know she's not your bio mom. You feel like you're somehow betraying your bio mom by having a relationship with your stepmom. So, when you're with stepmom, everything can be okay. You can be yourself. But, when you're with bio mom, you feel like you can't express that you love your stepmom. 

And, I don't know what your step daughter's bio mom is like, but if she's anything like mine was...it's a lot worse. Any inclination that I actually liked my stepmom, and my bio mom was throwing me on a crazy guilt trip. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emeraldmama7
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I am a bio mom and a step-mom.  My daughter's really like my ex's gf...and I think that's awesome.  I like her too.  I know my role in their life will never be waived.  I appreciate everything my ex's gf does for my girls and the affection she shows towards them.  There is no jealousy here...I couldn't have asked for him to be with a better woman.  =)

On the other hand, my step-kids are forced to feel the same way.  BM bad talks DH all the time and gets upset when they talk about the fun they have here, always tries to one up us on what we do with them, and treats my kids with DH like they aren't even related to her kids.  She pins my  step-kids against us and it's sad.  When they are here they are happy and loving...once they go to moms they change.  It's sad but all I can do is be there for them and love them and realize that as they get older they will see what she has done.  Or maybe they won't, but I know we were there for them and did all we could. 

Good luck, mama! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Good advice.

Thank you :)

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

I am a bio mom and a step-mom.  My daughter's really like my ex's gf...and I think that's awesome.  I like her too.  I know my role in their life will never be waived.  I appreciate everything my ex's gf does for my girls and the affection she shows towards them.  There is no jealousy here...I couldn't have asked for him to be with a better woman.  =)

On the other hand, my step-kids are forced to feel the same way.  BM bad talks DH all the time and gets upset when they talk about the fun they have here, always tries to one up us on what we do with them, and treats my kids with DH like they aren't even related to her kids.  She pins my  step-kids against us and it's sad.  When they are here they are happy and loving...once they go to moms they change.  It's sad but all I can do is be there for them and love them and realize that as they get older they will see what she has done.  Or maybe they won't, but I know we were there for them and did all we could. 

Good luck, mama! 

honey27
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Why are you hurt again,smh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I agree. Grow up. Jada Pickett-Smith said it best when she said it should be one family. If she loved her ss then she has to love his mom. They may not always agree or like each other but they were grown enough to love each other. When the kids see you include everyone and love each other then things will be better for everyone involved. I agree with Jada.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you say that?

I think BM should grow up. She wants to include herself in everything my boyfriends family does but when her family wants to include him/us she starts calling people to tell them off and remind them that they're broken up and not to include him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)