Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think its good for a 4 year old to take allergy meds every single day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My dds ENT whats her to take allergy meds every single day. Her adnoids are always swollen. But they are even swollen when she does take it every day. She snores a little. But not real loud or anything. There are times when she is stuffy. But its not every day either.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Mine do..and have since they were two...it's the only thing that keeps their allergies at bay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Ds has been on daily Zyrtec and Flonase since his first summer. He just turned two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
If the meds aren't helping then I'd want the problem addressed but if meds are helping then she needs them and yeah she'll be fine. Probably better than if she didn't take the meds. I need to get my 6yr old on meds so the poor thing can sleep without coughing all night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I just hate giving her meds. It just seems like every time I turn around my kids have been diagnosed with another medical problem, need new meds, especially her. Even though they are small issues, and not fatal, thank god, its just been putting a lot of stress on me.

Sorry, that was not the point of this post. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the meds aren't helping then I'd want the problem addressed but if meds are helping then she needs them and yeah she'll be fine. Probably better than if she didn't take the meds. I need to get my 6yr old on meds so the poor thing can sleep without coughing all night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I understand. It makes sense. And I've avoided meds a few years. But tonight hearing her cough I feel guilty. So I'm getting her something tomorrow. And I'm going to have to get her glasses I think. It's hard but we have to accept that sometimes they need help to be comfortable. Acid reflux, allergies, etc. I agree with you. Something new and new meds everyday. But allergies are one of those things that really does need meds.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just hate giving her meds. It just seems like every time I turn around my kids have been diagnosed with another medical problem, need new meds, especially her. Even though they are small issues, and not fatal, thank god, its just been putting a lot of stress on me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Yeah, I will continue to give it to her. Hope your dd feels better. Hearing your child cough all the time is really hard. Most of the time cough meds dont help and there is nothing you can do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand. It makes sense. And I've avoided meds a few years. But tonight hearing her cough I feel guilty. So I'm getting her something tomorrow. And I'm going to have to get her glasses I think. It's hard but we have to accept that sometimes they need help to be comfortable. Acid reflux, allergies, etc. I agree with you. Something new and new meds everyday. But allergies are one of those things that really does need meds.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mhaney03
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Mine do. I take a daily decongestant otherwise my ears fill with fluid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Is he not suggesting removal? I personally don't like giving my kids daily meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
If needed.
Hapsand123
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Doesnt sound good to me. I dont give my kids much. I try to do what I can with out giving meds. 

But I dont have a kid with mad allergy problems either so Im not sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured