Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think its good for a 4 year old to take allergy meds every single day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My dds ENT whats her to take allergy meds every single day. Her adnoids are always swollen. But they are even swollen when she does take it every day. She snores a little. But not real loud or anything. There are times when she is stuffy. But its not every day either.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Replies (21-25):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Pm me. I may have some ideas for you but I'm too tired to type them right now!
Ds was on zyrtec and flonaise for a couple of years. Last year they stopped working and we had to go to a rarely used prescription med as a last resort. Allegra gave him anxiety and another med I can't think of the name of right now gave him terrible hallucinations. Add that on top of a kid with anxiety disorder already and it was not good!
This year we are allergy med free :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I've taken them for 10 years. It sure beats the alternative.

mommyinindiana
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:40 AM
My ds has been taking them everyday for about 2 years now because his allergies are bad enough that they cause asthma attacks. Allergy meds are great for kids who really need them but not every child is the same. Btw my ds is 6.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:07 AM

You could also use saline drops frequently to help clean out the nasal passage, and maybe look into a nettie pot... but those look tough to use for a kid...

My neice had trouble with hearing and sinuses as a child, and she had to have her tonsils and adenoids removed plus tubes...

She improved big time after the surgery.

zoo003
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM

In a case like your dd's, I would do what he ENT recommends.  Ultimately though, as her parent, it is your choice.  If you have questions or concerns, then I would contact the ENT.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN