Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are these words acceptable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have been watching cute tv shows like Adventure Time and I love it. I get that cartoons like that have references or hidden jokes that only adults get. It's not the hidden funny that gets me it's some of the words. Growing up there is always certain words deemed unacceptable. I was taught to say bottom not butt, mad not pissed or pretty not sexy. These shows seem to use them though, just a thought because I know kids as young as 3 are seeing these shows. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I have a problem with "pissed" and "sexy". I would find another show for my daughter to watch :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I swear I head pissed in Regular Show and I know I heard sexy in Adventure Time.

Quoting C12H22O11addict:

I have a problem with "pissed" and "sexy". I would find another show for my daughter to watch :0)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM
We don't watch them.
C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM
That's craziness :0(

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear I head pissed in Regular Show and I know I heard sexy in Adventure Time.

Quoting C12H22O11addict:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM
As long as they're not saying fuck and shit or any other curse words idc
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Those aren't really "kid" shows. I would think more tween/teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Butt I don't care about, pissed I would not want to see in a kids show (but looking back at movies from our youth, it is pretty eh), and sexy I don't think is an acceptable way for children to learn to refer to people. 

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Cartoon network isn't exactly wholesome programming. Try something like Disney jr if that's concerning to you.

I would be very surprised to hear "pissed" in a kid's show. "sexy" is eh, as long as it wasn't being used in a vulgar way. "butt" I don't see any issue with at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)