Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

using honey to help with bedwetting.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

Dhs grandpa gave us some honey from where he grew up. The 10 kids in the house used it growing up, a teaspoon full at night before bed and it helped them all.

Im not talking store bought honey either, it came to us in a canning jar lol.

Wondering if anyone here had success with it. I googled and it seems to be a widley suggest natural method.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM

BUMP!

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Hm I should have tried that as a kid. Nope never heard of it Til now though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM
It's definitely worth a shot, it certainly won't do any harm....unless they're allergic.

I wish I heard of that growing up. That's a blindsided curse. It's one of the most embarrassing things, ever but it's something you genuinely not help. I used to avoid sleepovers like the plague or only have them at my house and wake up super early to make sure I was dry. Fucking sucked! I remember still wetting at 12 and have had one or two in adulthood!!! Stupid tiny bladder!
BlessedMom458
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Wow I have never heard of that. That is nice to know though for people who have bed wetters and want some advice for that. I do not think there is harm in trying it. I do not have bed wetters never have nor were any of my moms kids bed wetters. I do have a friend her daughter is 9 and she wets the bed. TY 

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM

No problem! I had never heard of it either. Tonight is the first night trying it so I will update for a while to let others know. Our son is 5 and sleeps really hard, this wasnt an issue until the pull ups started giving him really bad rashes. Amazingly our 3yr old has no problems and makes it through the night.

Make sure to tell your friend it needs to be honey like you would find at the farmers market not store bought.

Quoting BlessedMom458:

Wow I have never heard of that. That is nice to know though for people who have bed wetters and want some advice for that. I do not think there is harm in trying it. I do not have bed wetters never have nor were any of my moms kids bed wetters. I do have a friend her daughter is 9 and she wets the bed. TY 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I was the same way ! Although, when I felt comfortable enough with friends , i would occasionally sleep over at their house and never wet the bed. I peed the bed nightly Til I was 17 and went to basic... Then I never wet the bed again... Except one time after I moved in with my gf... That was funny cause she woke me up to tell me and I said "how do you know it was me and not you?" Lol sorry off topic.

Quoting BeAmour:

It's definitely worth a shot, it certainly won't do any harm....unless they're allergic.

I wish I heard of that growing up. That's a blindsided curse. It's one of the most embarrassing things, ever but it's something you genuinely not help. I used to avoid sleepovers like the plague or only have them at my house and wake up super early to make sure I was dry. Fucking sucked! I remember still wetting at 12 and have had one or two in adulthood!!! Stupid tiny bladder!
BlessedMom458
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Ok I will let her know that TY. 

Quoting Diatech12:

No problem! I had never heard of it either. Tonight is the first night trying it so I will update for a while to let others know. Our son is 5 and sleeps really hard, this wasnt an issue until the pull ups started giving him really bad rashes. Amazingly our 3yr old has no problems and makes it through the night.

Make sure to tell your friend it needs to be honey like you would find at the farmers market not store bought.

Quoting BlessedMom458:

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Hmm I might try that with sd and see if it helps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)