Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Find your own ride

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My son (18yr) father moved and did not tell him. My son found out they moved on facebook. He asked a few weeks ago where they moved to and his dads wife would not tell him. She said she did not want anyone knowing. Well today out of the blue she sends my son a message telling him where they live and its the next town over. She told him about the house and there is a place to fish near by. She then said well since you have a job now maybe you can find a ride to come over some time. She signed the message her name and Dad. Now my son does not have a car. He also has a younger sibling and nothing was mentioned about the other child (same father). Personally I find it rude to say if you can find a ride. They should make an effort to come get him or ask me to bring them both over. What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
20Keller12
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I think it should be his father inviting them over and not step mom.

SincerelyMine
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Step mom seems like a bitch that doesn't want to be bothered with his family.

Damn my pregnancy hormones lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM

That as well as if they want to see him they dont need to exclude the other child and should offer to come pick them up or ask if I would meet half way. Not tell him you can come but find your own ride. That just says they really dont care.

Quoting 20Keller12:

I think it should be his father inviting them over and not step mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Oh she is a very controlling bitch.He cant talk to the kids unless on speaker and she is whispering to him what to say. If they text their dad sends the text to her and she types the reply sends it to dad and he forwards it to the kids. They cant be at the house unless she is going to be there the whole time. Their dad is her puppet.

Quoting SincerelyMine:

SincerelyMine
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM
He wouldn't see my kids until he grew a backbone

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh she is a very controlling bitch.He cant talk to the kids unless on speaker and she is whispering to him what to say. If they text their dad sends the text to her and she types the reply sends it to dad and he forwards it to the kids. They cant be at the house unless she is going to be there the whole time. Their dad is her puppet.

Quoting SincerelyMine:

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:54 AM
What a tool

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SincerelyMine:

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM

yes, its kinda rude when put along with the other stuff, but hes 18, its not like hes 7 and would have to hitchhike.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM
He wont be seeing them. He has not seen them in over a year. ANd hasnt talked to them since then either. Oh well he did talk to my son when he turned 18 telling him what a bitch I was and how he needed to move in with him. Caused a lot of problems. After that I blocked his number from my sons phone. If he wants to talk he can call my line. His wife likes to tell my son how depressed his father is and when he is messed up on drugs and then sends him crap like this. Its sick and sad. I wish she would stop but she is a damn drama queen and likes to keep shit going.
Quoting SincerelyMine:

He wouldn't see my kids until he grew a backbone

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh she is a very controlling bitch.He cant talk to the kids unless on speaker and she is whispering to him what to say. If they text their dad sends the text to her and she types the reply sends it to dad and Hihe forwards it to the kids. They cant be at the house unless she is going to be there the whole time. Their dad is her puppet.

Quoting SincerelyMine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Yea he could find a ride easily. But if its your child and you really wanted to see them no matter what their age wouldnt you go get them if you knew they did not have a car? I know I would in a heartbeat.

Quoting dmarie2101:

yes, its kinda rude when put along with the other stuff, but hes 18, its not like hes 7 and would have to hitchhike.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM

yes. which is why i said "with the other stuff." telling him maybe he could find a ride by itself isnt that bad to me, considering his age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea he could find a ride easily. But if its your child and you really wanted to see them no matter what their age wouldnt you go get them if you knew they did not have a car? I know I would in a heartbeat.

Quoting dmarie2101:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)