Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously ready to lose it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I am a single mom of three. My kids are 3, 2, and 3 months. The 3 month old is the easiest, but I am at my wits end with the 3 and 2 year old. They're both boys. They fight all day long. I hear yelling, screaming, and crying all day long. Naps? I lay them down and they fight it. If they take a nap it's an hour or less. Usually they just scream and cry forever until I finally give up. Quiet time? Never happens. Meal time? They still yell at each other and hardly eat.

I don't talk to my family. All of my friends live inside a computer since I moved away from home. I don't have the ability to move. I am stuck where I am with no help. I always said I wanted to be the calm mom, but now I am anything but calm.

This sounds terrible, but I enjoy the times when it's just my 3 month old and me. My 3 and 2 year old drain me to the point of tears. I love my kids, but I hate my life because I feel like they hate me since they don't behave for me.

I've tried potty training my 3 year old and he'll do it right a few times and then refuses. I don't have a washer and dryer, so potty training is just a disaster when I can only do laundry once a week.

I find myself hating the childrens' fathers' more and more each day, even my daughter's father whom I'm supposed to be with. He can't live with me to help me out and when he comes down on the weekends he does everything wrong and I just want him gone.

Everything is just so messed up. My anxiety is through the roof. I don't know what to do other than scream and cry. I just want two minutes of silence and peace. Is that too much to ask? I don't want my phone going off, children screaming and crying, knocking on my door, nothing. I just want complete silence and calmness and I feel like I'm never going to get it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Where's daady/dads? It's called being a mom, usually you have dad there to help. I hope you find some help soon.

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry mama. Sound like you could use a vacation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs-mudge
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
omg...sounds like me! my boys are 2 and 4...And never stop fighting! my daughter is 1, and she is so well tempered. i feel ya mama, just know you arent alone.
aalmomma
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I know exactly how you feel I do it every day too but with two 3 year old boys and an 8 month old boy. I think it's an attention thing. Jealousy of the baby. Play with them, take them to the park. Give them as much attention as possible.
lauraschatz
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Get the book 123 magic (or something really close to that, I can't remember it exactly). It's a quick read and gives you really easy to follow directions on how to get controll of your kids. I use it with my kids and it works like a charm.
You need to.get a handle on those boys so you can get your sanity. Do it now before you start to resent them.
They love you, your their Mama. They are just being little boys with a mom that is overwhelmed and needs help. Take charge mom, you are the boss. Learn how to get them to behave for you and everything is going to be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Where's daady/dads? It's called being a mom, usually you have dad there to help. I hope you find some help soon.

One dad there's a restraining order. One dad wants nothing to do with his son and hasn't even met him. One dad I'm "with"...but we never see each other except sometimes on the weekends. So yeah, no help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Easier said than done. It's an embarassment to take them out in public. They scream and cry, throw themselves down, etc.

Quoting aalmomma:

I know exactly how you feel I do it every day too but with two 3 year old boys and an 8 month old boy. I think it's an attention thing. Jealousy of the baby. Play with them, take them to the park. Give them as much attention as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:34 AM

stop having kids that you can't handle....look into a babysitter just to come give you some down time..and stop giving the baby daddy such a hard time...my guess is he is trying...

aalmomma
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Oh trust me I know. But they probably just need to get out some energy. And get out of the house. Kids get stir crazy too. And they need to run and get some fresh air.

Quoting Anonymous:

Easier said than done. It's an embarassment to take them out in public. They scream and cry, throw themselves down, etc.

Quoting aalmomma:

shyone_91786
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Welcom to the wonderful world of two and three year olds most kids at this age are like that my son is three and he will fight with my friends son they don't get along whats so ever but he will get allong with other kids or younger, why don't you put them in pre school so they will be out of the house and around other kids, sounds like they are bored and need to be out and about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)