Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas with knots and pinched nerves in their backs...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

What do you do to help the pain? My back is full of pinched nerves and knots, and painkillers just aren't doing anything. 

Figured I'd throw this in before anyone suggests this: I will not smoke pot. I do not do drugs.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Stretches, warm baths, ice, massage, physical therapy, and hoping for a breast reduction!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I go to physical therapy 3x a week for mine and FINALLY got cleared to start getting massages! (I was in a car accident last August) 

Alternate heat and ice. 

Try using a tennis ball and the wall. You can dig the ball into your back, and roll it around by leaning against the wall. Also, depending on what part of your back - there are different exercises to strengthen the muscles, which in turn straightens your spine and 'releases' the pinched nerves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Marijuana and Percocet though I can't do either right now so its grin and bear it with Tylenol.
MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM
I go to the chiropractor for my pinched nerves. I have 2 areas that really get me, and cause lots of issues. Going to a good chiropractor at least once a month keeps the knots out of my back too. I used to always have knots in my back. Now they are rarely an issue.
RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I have yet to find relief. I pinched a nerve when my son (now almost 7) was 18 months old and I fell down the stairs carrying his stroller at the train. Pinched another one during pregnancy with DD2 (19 months) that causes numbness in both arms. Good luck.
FoxFire363
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I'm a massage therapist. Get a massage. Make sure you explain your issues to the therapist.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Chiropractor and massage
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM

My SO gives me massages and it still hurts like hell, and he's gentle because he knows it hurts. He's warned me that a massage therapist isn't going to compensate for how much it hurts. So that makes me REALLY scared to go to a professional. 

bad

Quoting FoxFire363:

I'm a massage therapist. Get a massage. Make sure you explain your issues to the therapist.

msalice_21
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I have a buldging disc in my lower spine pushing on a nerve. I refuse to do any kind of pain killer and I can't afford surgery despite the fact my chiropractor recommending it. I have found stretching to help tremendously. And replacing my office chair for my yoga ball. I even use my yoga ball in the living room to watch TV, do laundry or even eat dinner at the table. It really has helped out a ton.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Chiropractic care and massage therapy. We had a chiro that used a tens machine and that really helped with the knots. My best friend has a chiro that puts his patients in one of those water massage beds. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)