Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flying with a1 year old

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
how does it work. Do you need to bring the car seat And buy an extra ticket.? do they sit in your lap how does this go I've never flown with a child Before
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MyLoveAlexander
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I payed like 30bucks more but they don't get their own seat & no carseat necessary.
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:38 AM
If they are under 2 then you don't have to buy them a ticket, but they do have to sit on your lap. If you don't want them to.. you have to buy another ticket and bring the car seat.

If you want the car seat for other purposes. Like if u need one to travel while on vacation.. you can just check it in with your luggage.
AshleySail
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM
But you would need to bring on for the car ride out of the airport right?

Quoting MyLoveAlexander:

I payed like 30bucks more but they don't get their own seat & no carseat necessary.
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, unless you have someone waiting with a seat when you arrive.

You can check your carseat at the gate for free if you plan to have your child on your lap. (Carseats and strollers are free) 

Quoting AshleySail:

Quoting MyLoveAlexander:

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
KrissyKC
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Rental car companies can include one with your rental if you specify.   Might be an extra charge, and you will need to ask in advance to be sure they can.

Otherwise, they made these cool seats that are car seats with handles and they can be strollers for airports... however, this would be if you bought your child thier own seat.

I've flown with mine A LONG time ago, and didn't pay for the extra seat.   Back then, though, economy was better, flying was easier, etc... and I usually could move to a more open spot and use an unopened seat for my baby.  

However, keep in mind that if the flight is crowded, it might be hard to sit three people wide while holding an active infant in your lap... especially if the person next to you gets out a laptop or some other interesting "toy"...

Quoting AshleySail:

Quoting MyLoveAlexander:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)