Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in shock!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My sisters daugher is ill, she is 24 weeks pregnant, and is thinking her dd (2 years) has whooping cough (She IS vaccinated)

ok, so I said to her to book a doctors appointment to make sure dd doesn't have anything too serious (in all honesty threre is no "whoop" sound) So she rings them, tells me she booked an appointment for 8th May, I was like, really, thats late

She tells me she has to be 28 weeks... 28 weeks for what??

SHE IS GETTING THE VACCINE WHILE SHE IS PREGNANT!

Fuck me!! I wish I could tell her otherwise but she wont listen

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:14 AM

if I have the vaccine I pass it onto ashton who will then be protected as he wont be able to have vaccine until he is 2 months old

Thats what she just said... surely i'm not the only one shocked by this

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 AM

No,no,no,no,no.....bad idea! Really,really,bad idea....what kind of a doctor gives vaccines while pregnant??? slapSomeone needs to get the dangers of this for her and her baby through to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Im terrified for the baby, but any time I mention it she gets so defensive, I don't know if I risk making her extremely mad or just try and ignore it :( She says that it's because whooping cough is on the rise :(

Quoting cjsix:

No,no,no,no,no.....bad idea! Really,really,bad idea....what kind of a doctor gives vaccines while pregnant??? slapSomeone needs to get the dangers of this for her and her baby through to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a Tdap vaccine while pregnant.
unspecified42
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Whopping cough can be fatal to newborn who have no immunity and can't be immunized. It is recommended during pregnancy by the CDC and AAP, unlike some other vaccines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM

even at the clinic they told me i would not be allowed to have any vacs while pregnant

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Look up all the info on that vaccine ...how it's made,what goes into it,what it is for,the risk factors,the risks of the vaccine,the recommendations during pregnancy....everything! Then tell her you understand what she was told by the doctor but,you really need her to at least read this...and hand it to her to read while you are there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im terrified for the baby, but any time I mention it she gets so defensive, I don't know if I risk making her extremely mad or just try and ignore it :( She says that it's because whooping cough is on the rise :(

Quoting cjsix:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:22 AM

The fact it is reccomended by them is what worries me, they make profit from it, the stuff in them os dangerous and she will pass that through to a delicate newborn... no, no, no

Quoting unspecified42:

Whopping cough can be fatal to newborn who have no immunity and can't be immunized. It is recommended during pregnancy by the CDC and AAP, unlike some other vaccines.

lauraschatz
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I had vaccines with both of my pregnancies.It affords protection for the infant. If I could have had all the vaccines they would need for the.first five years of their lives while I was pregnant I would have sone so to save them from having the shots.
My children are perfectly healthy and developmentally normal @ 4 and 7 yrs.
Exactly what is it that you think will happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM

|I will, thank you, I'm waiting for her to turn all crazy pregnant lady on me though :/

Quoting cjsix:

Look up all the info on that vaccine ...how it's made,what goes into it,what it is for,the risk factors,the risks of the vaccine,the recommendations during pregnancy....everything! Then tell her you understand what she was told by the doctor but,you really need her to at least read this...and hand it to her to read while you are there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cjsix:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)