Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes I judge.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So I am writing a report for one of my classes. It is about the Safe Haven law. Anyway I don't understand why anyone leaves a baby in a dumpster, on the side of the street or whatever else instead of turning the baby over. One baby was found less than two blocks from a fire station. Had that girl taken the extra few minutes to take the baby there the baby would still be alive and she would not be in jail.

Seriously I just don't get it. One girl who left her baby was in her 30s. Another took her baby home for a few weeks and then left it in a store. Luckily that baby lived. But why not take the kid to a fire dept, police dept, or hospital.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Because they are afraid of the cameras ? Here there are cameras and they contact the women that drop them.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Many states don't have the safe haven laws and the ones that do, aren't widely known about. We need more safe haven laws and more education about the laws if we want this issue to become almost nonexistent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Actually all states have a safe haven law.

Quoting kidlover2:

Many states don't have the safe haven laws and the ones that do, aren't widely known about. We need more safe haven laws and more education about the laws if we want this issue to become almost nonexistent.

logansmommy612
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Idk its really sad. Those poor babies :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

because they are uneducated morons.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM
https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/safehaven.cfm

Not true. And many states have an age cut off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually all states have a safe haven law.

Quoting kidlover2:

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Is it possible that they didn't know?  A lot who chose to take this action are un(der)educated.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Shame, or lack of education.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)