Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

21 and I want my tubes tied.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 41 Replies
Idk what to do. I had my daughter at 19. I'm
pregnant now at 21. I've always wanted children. but child birth was my biggest fear. I was on the nuva ring at 19. depo shot now. and I'm pregnant. I wanted my tubes tied after the first. Doc said i had to be 21 with 3 kids. i thought it would be my choice. I Want them tied after this second one. two is the number i wanted. Perfect for me. so is there really no choice for me? because i want them tied.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Find a different doctor. You have a right to get your tubes tied.
Moe1521
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Its gonna be difficult to find one to do it unfortunately. But I know how you feel. I couldn't get mine done, so DH got a vasectomy instead. Sorry you're having a hard time :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

you're still to young..most doctors won't tie them that young

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Find a different dr if you are sure thats what u want.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I think women are capable of making this (and all other reproductive choices). Its bullshit that Dr refuse to do it without meeting certain age and other requirements (#of children, waiting periods, some drs even require your husbands consent!) Good luck. Try other drs, they all have different "rules".
-JC-
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I'm 23 and am pregnant with my second. My doctor is tying my tubes after I give birth in August. She discussed other options with me but told me in the end it was my decision.
KeriAZ
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I was 22 and had 2 kids when I got it done. Mine were tied, cut and burned closed. No more kids. Now that I had cancer I can't have them even if I tried.
Mella210024
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Uggh. it just stresses me out. why don't we have a choice for our own bodies. I could get bigger boobs, a new face, vagina reconstruction if i wanted to. sure no problem. but i want to be in charge of how many babies come out of my vagina and i can't. I thought i owned my tubes too. apparently they belong to my doctor. sorry too. venting i guess. these hormones don't help either! : /
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM

After you're 21 it doesn't matter how many you have.

Insurance may not cover it (which I don't think they have a choice) but doctors can do it either way.

If they won't let you, let DH/SO get snipped. That's easier, safer and cheaper anyway.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Get DH snipped...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)