Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE! Calling all CM doctors, nurses and just moms in general! *WARNING TMI*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Ok so I am pregnant with my first baby. I am 38 weeks and 3 days. Well this morning when I went pee, I wiped and there was bright red blood on my toilet paper. It wasn't very much, just a little streak. I wiped again and there was more. The 3rd time there wasn't anything. WTF is going on?! I have to wait another 45 minutes before the doctors office opens to call them, which I will, but that's a good long while to wait when I'm trying not to freak out.

Update: Earlier I called the doctor. She said it MIGHT have been from her checking me yesterday, which I thought was the day before so I was stupid and assumed that was too long ago, She did say that she didn't think it was that because the blood was bright red and she checked me 22 hours before I found the blood and it should have been brown if it was from her checking me.

UPDATE 2: I just went pee again and this time, instead of there being any blood there was just a big glob of what I'm assuming is part of my plug. Looked like a huge loogie. Idk. I'm so tired so I'm resting. Baby is moving, but not very often.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Is the baby still moving like normal?

T06T08T10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Mucous plug most likely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Lay down, drink some water and do a kick count, call the office when it opens. If you bleed more or if there is a gush of blood/fluids I'd go into l&d.

Eta: active bleeding/spotting, like you'd need a pantyliner or pad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
She has slowed down the past few days, but yes she is moving. She was moving when I woke up.

Quoting Amy_M:

Is the baby still moving like normal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Look when you go again. It could be your mucus plug or bloody show. The bloody show is a sign of labor and the mucus plug is a sign labor is coming soon.
0_o
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Bright red? Head to the ER

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Have you had sex recently?
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Mucous plug!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
It wasn't like snot, that's why I was concerned :/ it was just blood. Can it still be my plug?

Quoting T06T08T10:

Mucous plug most likely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured