Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband keeps throwing away my stuff!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I love that my husband loves to clean but he keeps throwing away stuff I need!! Kids school papers, bills, MY CLOTHES, kids toys, sports gear etc. if it has the tiniest tear or stain it goes! I am getting tired of looking for things that he trashes! Any advice? Yes I've told him to stop!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Bump
Thibmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
If you told him to stop and he hasn't, I'd start throwing away his stuff.

When we clean, we'll put others' stuff in a pile on their bed for them to pick up or throw away. It's that person's choice what to do with their own things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
needsupport100
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Is it picked up and put away? (that's how it is in my household) my dh knows not to leave papers out and about, if it's not filed or put away right, i assume it's trash, he does the same thing. there are 2 spots in teh house that "our" spots, my end table on my end of the couch, and his on his end. i don't touch his, he doesn't touch mine.....that's the only place that "clutter" is safe, otherwise, it's fair game.

he also knows not to leave clothes on the floor if he wants to resuse before another wash......that's fair game too.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

What does he say when you freak out on him???  Is this the same woman who's husband thinks she dresses too young and throws out her miniskirts and other thrift store clothes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Tell him to stop. Either that or file the Papers and bills before he decides to toss them. If he keeps throwing away your clothes hid his and see how he feels. Um pick up the toys yourself or the kids can or create a place that they belong and tell him if he throws away anything else that isn't actually TRASH without talking to you he will sleep on the couch. Also instead of throwing things away why not donate them. If they are still use able. I mean unless sports gear has a crack in it then it should still be good. 

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

throw away his shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I wear jeans and pullovers pretty much always. Unless I'm at work then I wear scrubs

Quoting Melissa_4:

What does he say when you freak out on him???  Is this the same woman who's husband thinks she dresses too young and throws out her miniskirts and other thrift store clothes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
My husband won't throw anything away. I wish he would!
starlight91
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Make a compromise... Give him a box, he can put whatever he feels should go in that box, if after a week stuff still in box he can throw out, give you a little time to find your things and put them away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

AHHHHHH its nice to know that my husband is not the only one who does this!!! it drives me absolutely insane!!!

I found all I can do is be close by when he cleans and grab the garbage before it hits the bins outside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)