Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New School, New Pediatrician, No Vaccinations

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

My son starts kindergarten in the fall and today we have his physical set up for enrollment. It's also our first visit to this pediatrician. I'm so nervous about how the Dr will react when she learns we don't vaccinate. It's really sad that I have this fear. Will she refuse to see us again? Will she grill me about my choices? Will she be fine with it? It makes me anxious. Beyond that, I worry about the school. I know they have to let us in to the school and everything and we had our waver for preschool but it still makes me so nervous. I can't wait until this part is all done.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HelloSweetie
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

If she gives you a hard time- can you find a new ped?
Im sorry you're worried. I'm the same way when I switch but confident enough in my choice to say SUCK IT LADY (not really, but in my head) and find a new ped.

Stay strong in your beliefs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
9 moms liked this
In my state you have to get vaccinations in order to go to school. I like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Quoting HelloSweetie:

If she gives you a hard time- can you find a new ped?
Im sorry you're worried. I'm the same way when I switch but confident enough in my choice to say SUCK IT LADY (not really, but in my head) and find a new ped.

Stay strong in your beliefs.

Sure I could find someone else. I just hope I don't have to. She comes highly recommended and my last pediatrician was terrible. I'm just hoping it's hassle free you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You could pay me to live in Mississippi or West Virginia. Vaccines wouldn't be my main concern.

Val99
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Sad. I just spent a couple hours yesterday with 2 dozen kids that have polio. It was heartbreaking. You must be too young to remember the devastation of polio cases sweeping across america. We are heading back to that time.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

did you interview peds first?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting Val99:

Sad. I just spent a couple hours yesterday with 2 dozen kids that have polio. It was heartbreaking. You must be too young to remember the devastation of polio cases sweeping across america. We are heading back to that time.

The liklihood that my kids will get polio is slim to none. I've already got one child with a vaccine injury, I don't need two.

livingforthem83
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Most states you could just get a wavier. I vaccinate, but I know that people don't for religious reasons and the school can't force them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
And you couldn't pay me enough to move back to a big city.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You could pay me to live in Mississippi or West Virginia. Vaccines wouldn't be my main concern.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
No waivers here.

Quoting livingforthem83:

Most states you could just get a wavier. I vaccinate, but I know that people don't for religious reasons and the school can't force them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)