Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm taking advantage of my husband

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 1 Replies
Well, not really of my husband so much as taking advantage of his time off, but I feel a little guilty.

When I started this semester he was incredibly busy with work, I barely had anytime to do my homework without the kids around, so my work suffered a bit. Then he was furloughed and has been out of work since March 12. He got a new job but it hasn't started further than paperwork so far. I've been using this time to leave the house to get my work done and school has been much better for me.

While I feel slightly guilty for leaving him with the kids way more than I ever have (I don't work, I take my classes in the evening) I'm also slightly annoyed by the way HE seems to be annoyed when I leave.

This isn't going to last forever, ya know, and my GPA really needed this. Today I told him I need to leave to get something done for my class tonight, but I would be home in time to put our 5 year old on the bus. He seemed like he was in a bad mood after that so I asked him what was up. He said he's just not in the mood to do all of the "home" stuff today. What I wanted to say was tough shit, but I just left it alone. When he was working his job was top priority. I missed class if he had to leave town or work late, my classes took the backseat. Right now he's not working so to get annoyed that I'm putting my shit on top just seems...ridiculous.

I dunno, maybe he's just in a funk today, but it seriously annoys me that I'm feeling guilty for leaving him home with his kids.

I don't really need advice, just wanted to vent. I plan to hash this out with him later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Sorry, didn't mean for that to be so long lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)