Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Teenagers how to be a SHEEP or LEMMING

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 107 Replies
4 moms liked this

So, someone brought back the dead, yes that teen post regards to the fact that I limit what my teens are permitted to wear.

After endless replies of people telling me how they dress up emo, nemo, gemo, weemo and so forth, perhaps my state is very special! For the most part if you live in my state smaller town or rural you likely dress up very casual or cowgirl/boy style or rancher style. If you live in the city most teens here dress like normal teenagers wearing cloting fashion that MOST normal teenagers like to wear (ya know those fancy expensive stores in the mall).

Although the emo, nemo, memo, I want to look like the Clown from the movie IT style is very rare here, sure they exist, they have their own little social crowd dressed ALIKE you can barely pick them apart. *smacks lips*

I am so grateful to such a wonderful state where people are still raising their teenagers on morals, values, and independence as persons or beings not throw them out the door wearing choke collar.

People have a hard time with reading comprehension. The point is to my moral/value comment is, I prefer to teach my kids how to EXPRESS or FIND themselves in a MORE realistic way not limited to Clothing. Clothing is just fashion nothing more. Clothing do not make you who you are. YOUR CHARACTER of personality is what makes you who you are. Being deaf I do not dress up like a "deaf person" or use clothing to clarify my personality as being "deaf". I think it's pathetic so many think clothing defines who we are.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Nemo memo LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
This post is hilarious
romalove
by SakePrincess on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
4 moms liked this

How a teen dresses does not necessarily indicate what morals they have, or what morals they lack.

Aleta775
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I don't understand what the issue is for you about the style. Just because someone dresses in an outrageous style doesn't mean they are bad person. 

Oh, and you never answered my question from your post yesterday. What is wrong with chokers? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Yes, that must be it. Your state is just so very special. *eyeroll*

thetrollcat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

wow really are you one of those moms that smiles at your boys with their pants hanging down and underwear sticking out?

Afterall they are only trying to "find" themselves

Id like to know what all they FIND other than .............

Quoting romalove:

How a teen dresses does not necessarily indicate what morals they have, or what morals they lack.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Our schools have a pretty strict dress code so my kids aren't allowed to wear their choke collars or emo, nemo, memo, clown apparel to school. 

thetrollcat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

did I say they are bad? 

I dont give a damn what you let your teens do. Hell Im sure most let their boys expose the crack of their ass with their pants on the ground.

But that shit dont fly in my house.

Quoting Aleta775:

I don't understand what the issue is for you about the style. Just because someone dresses in an outrageous style doesn't mean they are bad person. 

Oh, and you never answered my question from your post yesterday. What is wrong with chokers? 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Style has nothing to do with morals. LOL

It's usually about expression and personal comfort.

thetrollcat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

LOL I like your school :)

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Our schools have a pretty strict dress code so my kids aren't allowed to wear their choke collars or emo, nemo, memo, clown apparel to school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)