Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please, I Need A Garage Sale Price List

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Could any of you moms out there who have had a successful garage sale, please respond with a detailed price list of the items you've sold and for how much. I really need the money and need to get rid of a lot of stuff but have no idea what to price stuff for and I can't remember what I paid for most of my stuff either so I can price my stuff fairlly. I have a lot of kids clothing, toys, household-/decorative items, an aquarium, small appliances and some small furniture, brand new bedding sets, clocks, vases, pillows, candles, ...you name it, I probably have it to sell! Thanks in advance! 

EDIT-Here's a list of some stuff I can think of right now:

Kids clothing name brand and no name, kids shoes and boots, girls unused hair accessories, bows and headbands, curling irons, belts, coats, jackets, roller blades, bikes.....I have four kids that don't need half of the stuff they have-my mistake! I have learned my lesson if anything!...

So many Kids toys, books, barbies, building sets, play doe sets, vanity, toy box, dolls, boys and girls toys...way too much!

Household /decorative items like pottery barn, world market-lots of name brand, nice stuff- vases, candles, pictures, picture frames, baskets, storage, clocks, lamps, again...a lot.

Two aquariums-10 gal and 20 gal with stands and accessories.

Drapery, new bedding sets, new pillows, new pottery barn kitchen chair cushions, drapery rods, rugs, small furniture-table and chairs, shelving, oh....lots of flower pots and planters too. 

I also have a lot of Benjamin Moore and sherwin Williams paint that was barely used because I tend to change my mind a lot and buy more paint-have no idea what to ask for almost full gallons of paint?

that's just a sample so far hope this helps

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Are you serious? Make your own price list! Nobody here knows what you got, or how much it's worth. You know how much you paid for an item, right? Think about it's current condition and subtract from the original price. Always make every price negotiable. 

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Lol, you basically sell it for wayyy less than you want. Jeans? $2. Books? .50-$1..
Unless you show us everything you've got, we can't help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Clothes all for 50 cents a piece
Perfumes/lotions $1
Toys 25 cents depending on quality up to $1
Shoes $5
Purses $5
dishes should be like 50 cents a piece if its a set
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, I'll try to make a list. It'll be long...get ready.lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol, you basically sell it for wayyy less than you want. Jeans? $2. Books? .50-$1..
Unless you show us everything you've got, we can't help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

BUMP!

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

place crap on the curb.....crap gone. 

thats my garage sale!

AprilDJC
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Clothes, no more than $1 a piece or say stuff a brown bag for $5. Furniture, 10-20% of what you paid for it if its in good condition. Say you bought a chair for $25, mark it $5. Aquariums depend on how,much supplies you have with it. 10 gallon maybe $30. 20 gallon maybe $50. I bought my 55 gallon with stand and all accessories for $150 but it had a LOT of accessories, food, water treatments, fish medicines, tank cleaners, etc.

Kids toys I would sort into 3 areas. 50 cents table, $1 table and $2 table. Flower pots and planters $1-$5 each depending on size and quality. Bedding maybe $10, I think thats what my friend sold her new king set for. Dont ask too much or you will be stuck with it lol.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Go to other garage sales and see what their pricing is.

I sold clothes for 50 cents each. We sold our couches (those actually went QUICK) and sold them for pretty cheap.

Stuffed animals and random knickknacks were 25-50 cents each. We want our stuff gone. After one garage sale, we're done. We're taking what didn't sell to the women's shelter in town here.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Cheap. That's my advice. Seriously. Anything over 10 dollars is way too much. 5 and 10 cents should make up the bulk of your stuff. I don't have time to go through the whole list, but people tend to WAY overcharge at yard sales. My mom was a pro at getting rid of stuff, and because she sold things for so cheap she got good profits just from the bulk of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Lol! I'm at the point that I just might!lol!!

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

place crap on the curb.....crap gone. 

thats my garage sale!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)