Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms with ADD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Our family GP has  "pre" diagnosed me with ADD, she wants me to go to a neurologist to be evaluated for it.

I would describe myself as smart but absent-minded. As a child I would commonly get into the shower with my socks still on, or my panties on. I leave half full drinks around because I forget that I already have one. My house is always a cluttered mess, I always work on the stupidest part first, even as a child. I would spend 10 minutes scrubbing the sink and the grout around the sink but the floor would have clothes all over it, or still clearly needed to be swept, etc.

Apparently in women ADD manifests more internally, feelings of restlessness, anxiety and depression,and smaller motions, pen clicking, fingernail clicking, etc

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
imakehimscream
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I have ADHD I take meds for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Sounds spot on to me! I do the same exact things, but I also have a bit of OCD. OCD and add are not a fun combo haha. I do not medicate though, I've found ways to deal with it w/o medication. It works with my life righ now though, if in the future I'm not able to be as "free spirited" I'll definitely consider it, so it's not like I'm against meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I have ADHD which ive had since i was a child.. took myself off the meds in high school but recently have gone back on them, it seems to help alot, i have been a single mom for a while but they i got remarried and now im a sahm which was a hard transition for me..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am so glad that I am not just incompetent. Ive paid bills late just because Ive forgotten, missed appointments, etc.

Looking back it also explains a lot about my childhood

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

bump for the afternoon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)