Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there something people are jealous of you for?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a very good marriage.  Perfect for me, not perfect, but perfect for me.  We are loving and attentive and very respectful of each other.  Our friends and family act as if they are jealous and sometimes make comments about how it must be nice to have such a great husband.  

"it must be nice?!".  I put my marriage first, and we worked hard to get where we are.  Our marriage has always been great.  But we are both divorced, we knew what not to do again.  

I get angry when people act like its luck.  And I've actually had a friend say she didnt' want to double date with us anymore because it always causes a fight between her and her husband.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
That sucks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
My marriage. Especially at work. I work with three other women, two who are single, and one whose been married as long as I have, just much older. Her husband is an ass, I hear it from everyone. They always make comments aabout my "perfect marriage and family". Some act jealous, some just envious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine & DFs relationship and how good he is to me. I get the "it must be nice" comment too. And I answer with "it is nice, it's very nice to be treated with the upmost respect every day for the last 91/2 years." :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting lovemyirish:

My marriage. Especially at work. I work with three other women, two who are single, and one whose been married as long as I have, just much older. Her husband is an ass, I hear it from everyone. They always make comments aabout my "perfect marriage and family". Some act jealous, some just envious.

I actually rejected a job offer because the office was small, 5 women.  In the interviewing process I found out that 3 were divorced and one is married to an alcoholic.  I thought, no way, this will not be good for me.  The first time my DH showed up with flowers, or lunch, just because, I'd be treated like I have the plague!  LOL

taramac
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My great butt....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Sil is jealous of mine and her brothers relationship. We've been together 5 years now, and in 5 years she's been trying to find Mr. Perfect in all the wrong places, finding every flaw in every guy, over analyzing each word said by these guys, and hasn't had a single serious relationship in 5 years. She makes it obvious that she's jealous too, always making snide comments, and at some points has tried to break us up.

Also my cousin is jealous because I had a son first, and used a family name for my son. She is always making comments about how it's not fair that I didn't discuss my decision with the while family first, what if she wanted to use the name. Now that she's pregnant with a son, she makes it very known how she would have liked to use the name but can't because someone else did selfishly without asking permission to do so. I was unaware I needed permission to name my kid.
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
They're jealous because I'm fabulous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight91

I HAD a friend that was jealous of everything in my life, to the point she would put me down for things, then find a way to do the same exact thing.. When questioned about it, her is okay because its better then mine ...lol

2BBboys0509
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I don't hang out with insecure jealous people. 

TheDoctorsWife
Being so sexy. It's a curse
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)