Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much is it possible to change your body in 2 weeks?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Impromptu vacation to the Dominican 4/23. I'm in basically decent shape but not toned. Been sitting on my ass all winter :)
I just started the 30 day squat challenge.... On day 15 :( Good God, I can't even walk. And some sit ups.
Think it's even worth it??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Sit ups dont really do shit. Do some planks and reverse crunches. And yeah.
Kitschy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

My body changed the in the first two weeks of insanity. My back and arms mostly.

chercaruso
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Working out is one thing but you need to do a cleanse and then eat REALLY clean until you leave.  Eat every couple of hours and only unprocessed, REAL food - tons of veggies, lots of water, good fats, and high protein.  That's the best you can do.  However your body responds is what you have to go with.  You should have started this earlier though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
All that.... Does not sound enjoyable!! Ugh. Ok ok.... So much Easter candy left..... :(

Quoting chercaruso:

Working out is one thing but you need to do a cleanse and then eat REALLY clean until you leave.  Eat every couple of hours and only unprocessed, REAL food - tons of veggies, lots of water, good fats, and high protein.  That's the best you can do.  However your body responds is what you have to go with.  You should have started this earlier though!

AllyRy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM
100% agree. Eating clean is the only way to go.

Quoting chercaruso:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

In 2 weeks? You cannot gain muscle in 2 weeks. It is virtually impossible as it takes 12 weeks to gain 2-4 lbs of lean muscle mass, so toning your muscle structure is not going to happen in such a short period of time. 

If you want any results, you need to just eat very cleanly as a PP suggested- NO processed foods, no soft drinks, no candy, etc... lean proteins, tons of produce and water. <--those are the essentials. You also have to do cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week ( as heavy as you can handle) and flexibilty/core work at least 3-4x per week. Crunches are not going to give you abs. Eating cleanly gets you abs IF you combine it with the above and it will take months to build enough lean muscle mass to make a difference. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Ok... I hope you happen to see my next post. Don't laugh....

Quoting mcginnisc:

In 2 weeks? You cannot gain muscle in 2 weeks. It is virtually impossible as it takes 12 weeks to gain 2-4 lbs of lean muscle mass, so toning your muscle structure is not going to happen in such a short period of time. 

If you want any results, you need to just eat very cleanly as a PP suggested- NO processed foods, no soft drinks, no candy, etc... lean proteins, tons of produce and water. <--those are the essentials. You also have to do cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week ( as heavy as you can handle) and flexibilty/core work at least 3-4x per week. Crunches are not going to give you abs. Eating cleanly gets you abs IF you combine it with the above and it will take months to build enough lean muscle mass to make a difference. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)