Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think my child has ocd.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 6 Replies
For you moms who do have children with ocd how did you know and at what age did you figure it out?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LilrockerMama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Sometimes I think my daughter is. She is 2 and washes her hands a million times a day and you can't just put them in water she has to use soap rinse and dry every time lol. She also brushes her teeth no less than 4 times a day. But I'm not sure if that is really OCD or just being a toddler.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
He's 2 too. He can't have anything on his hands or he freaks out. He cant touch his food with his hands or he had to wash them after every bite. His cars all have to be lined up, his blocks color organized, he has to turn the lights and TV off himself or he won't leave the house. Dh thinks its a phase, but our nephew did some of these thing but outgrew them by this age.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

Sometimes I think my daughter is. She is 2 and washes her hands a million times a day and you can't just put them in water she has to use soap rinse and dry every time lol. She also brushes her teeth no less than 4 times a day. But I'm not sure if that is really OCD or just being a toddler.

imamombygrace
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
We noticed things around 2 and she was diagnosed at 3. For her she had a strong sense of having a routine. If something went out of the norm it was as if her world was falling apart. It was so bad that she would want us to take thecsame streets to get to where we were going..everytime. She's 7 now and still has her quirks. I have OCD too...so I relate very well with DD.
LilrockerMama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
That's worse than my daughter, she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty she does want her baby dolls a certain way and some things. She hates getting her feet dirty though if she gets sand in her shoe or something she freaks out

Quoting Hanab818:

He's 2 too. He can't have anything on his hands or he freaks out. He cant touch his food with his hands or he had to wash them after every bite. His cars all have to be lined up, his blocks color organized, he has to turn the lights and TV off himself or he won't leave the house. Dh thinks its a phase, but our nephew did some of these thing but outgrew them by this age.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

cdaugherty
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I'm not sure, I think there are lots of different aspects of OCD. I have some things but they aren't regarding germs and I've noticed my toddler does some random things as well like wanting to do things 3 times, saying prayers for example at nap and bedtime, hug and kiss 3 times each, 3 stories, etc... it may be a phase, I don't think he's going to be like Sheldon Cooper or anything! My oldest used to be the same way with lining up all his toys and organizing things in a very particular way, he also never liked to get things on his hands, he outgrew it but I will say this he is SUPER SMART! Like his preschool teachers had to get cirriculum just for him because he was so advanced. He was reading 2nd grade level in Kindergarten. He is still advanced in most areas and has an anamazing memory... so maybe it's a sign your kid will be super smart big smile mini

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love for my kid to be Sheldon Cooper smart! That would be awesome!

Quoting cdaugherty:

I'm not sure, I think there are lots of different aspects of OCD. I have some things but they aren't regarding germs and I've noticed my toddler does some random things as well like wanting to do things 3 times, saying prayers for example at nap and bedtime, hug and kiss 3 times each, 3 stories, etc... it may be a phase, I don't think he's going to be like Sheldon Cooper or anything! My oldest used to be the same way with lining up all his toys and organizing things in a very particular way, he also never liked to get things on his hands, he outgrew it but I will say this he is SUPER SMART! Like his preschool teachers had to get cirriculum just for him because he was so advanced. He was reading 2nd grade level in Kindergarten. He is still advanced in most areas and has an anamazing memory... so maybe it's a sign your kid will be super smart big smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)