Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UGH!! I am terrified!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

I am SO stressed!!!

Ds starts kindergarten this fall so that means time for mommy to get a job! I am TERRIFIED!!!! I never got my hs diploma because well...senior year was a hard year for me personally. I fell into a deep depression and barely went to school. I passed all classes my senior year except two, history and gym. Yes, gym. I went to summer school for history and passed no problem. But to pass gym I was told I would have to get a gym membership and complete 200 hours at a gym. Ok well....my mom and I were completely broke, didn't even have money to keep the power on at home let alone pay for a gym membership. SO I never got my diploma :(

After hs I started working full time for a family friend and did that up until ds was one. I was able to do that because I could bring ds with me and I worked with my mom so it was perfect. Well eventually...the company started going under, I worked part time for a little bit but then the company had to close. So since then I have been a sahm. Money was never an issue, dh has always made more than enough to support us but I liked having my own money. And with ds starting school, of course I should get a job, what else would I do?! 

So now, here I am. 26, no diploma and no real job history. Where the hell do I even start?!?! Ughhh :(

Sorry so long..more of a vent then anything but I'll gladly take any advice lol

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM
bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

be prepared to start at the bottom and work your way up

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I work for myself and wouldn't have it any other way. I can give you some info on how to get started with your own at home business if you would like! The pay is great as long as you put in the time and you make your own hours. Can't get any better than that!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What about babysitting at home?  You dont need a GED for that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Get a job as a maid in a hotel, will give you work experience and give you a job to put on resume as you move up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

You start by getting your GED.

nikkip1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Can you share the advice with me?

Quoting kbutton24:

I work for myself and wouldn't have it any other way. I can give you some info on how to get started with your own at home business if you would like! The pay is great as long as you put in the time and you make your own hours. Can't get any better than that!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anitarichman
by Anita on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kbutton24:

Sounds interesting. What do you do?
MamaDee83
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Starbucks is a pretty good company to work for - It's min. wage plus tips, and their health insurance plans is decent. When I was there, I mostly liked it. You could always try to get into a Dental Assisting or Medical Assisting program - do you need a HS diploma for that?

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Instead of a job you could get your GED and go to school to get a degree. My youngest is 2 1/2 and I will probably go back to school when she does instead of work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)