Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happened to Spring?! :: PICTURES :: -EDIT-

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 54 Replies

If any of you are in need of ice for your drinks, come on down! I've got plenty... I live in Sioux Falls, SD. An early April ice storm has left trees down everywhere and power outages throughout the area. This storm is supposed to get worse and continue through tomorrow, which is my 30th birthday. Lovely! So far, I have power and neither cars or house have been damaged. But, others haven't been so lucky.

It looks like a war zone or a tornado has hit our city.

This is looking out all the windows on the north side of my  house. Can't see a thing!

My back patio... those are icicles, it's not rain! Everything is coated in about 1/2 - 1 inch of ice.

My flip flops are frozen! Went from wearing flip flops yesterday to wearing boots again today... :(

Lots of trees down around the city. I got these on my way to drop off my son to preschool this morning...

Neighbor wasn't so lucky... :(

EDIT: Here it is over 24 hours later and we still have no power. 35,000 households/customers without power and it's not scheduled to be back on until at least 11:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday) night. I've been staying at a friends house, cleaning up messes and just trying to stay warm.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2Boys12
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Holy smokes, that's insane! It's cloudless and super sunny here in Washington.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicolemead91
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Omg that's crazy! I'm inner jersey and its almost 80 outside!! Before last week we had weather like u and then all of a sudden bam it's hot outside! Lol
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Yikes

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Holy crap. My kids wore shorts to school today.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Yeah, rub it in... lol

Quoting MomTo2Boys12:

Holy smokes, that's insane! It's cloudless and super sunny here in Washington.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

You're more than welcome to take it back. I don't want this. A power line went down about 10 minutes ago across the street from my house. I'm just waiting for my power to go off. I'll trade you for the 80 degree weather! :)

Quoting nicolemead91:

Omg that's crazy! I'm inner jersey and its almost 80 outside!! Before last week we had weather like u and then all of a sudden bam it's hot outside! Lol

nicolemead91
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Damn that sucks! It's been pretty shitty here all winter. Never going above 35ish and then out of nowhere 80.. I think I've had enough snow and cold weather lol

Hopefully things warm up pretty quick for you! GL hope ur power stays on. =)

Quoting Ali5683:

You're more than welcome to take it back. I don't want this. A power line went down about 10 minutes ago across the street from my house. I'm just waiting for my power to go off. I'll trade you for the 80 degree weather! :)

Quoting nicolemead91:

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Mobile Photo

Yeah I'm asking that to...its still snowing and won't stop till tomorrow.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Yeah, it went off about 20 minutes ago. Damn.

Quoting nicolemead91:

Damn that sucks! It's been pretty shitty here all winter. Never going above 35ish and then out of nowhere 80.. I think I've had enough snow and cold weather lol

Hopefully things warm up pretty quick for you! GL hope ur power stays on. =)

Quoting Ali5683:

Quoting nicolemead91:

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Where do you live?

Quoting Crymsm:

Mobile Photo

Yeah I'm asking that to...its still snowing and won't stop till tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)