Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 5yo abuses himself!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
When its time for timeout, I'll nudge him towards the corner and he'll literally throw himself to the ground and say "you hurt me!". He has a big mouth and has already told people I push him down. I'm so so so so tired of living in fear because of him. I'm afraid every day for that knock on the door from CPS. I don't know what to do. I just want to quit trying. He's been doing this for a year. Last year he told his preschool that I tripped him (we were playing hide and seek in the dark, he ran and fell over my foot) and cps showed up.

HELP
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Seriously!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Please
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Two things, call CPS yourself and ask for help with your child.  He appears to be beyond your control.  Second, if you are that scared have you considered putting camera's in your house to show how your son acts?

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
My son used to cause a scene in stores. He would start to throw a fit and I would take his hand and start to lead him away and he'd scream "OW. YOU'RE HURTING ME. GET AWAY FROM ME. I'M SCARED." I ignored it and just kept leading him away. One time a very well-intentioned stranger DID say something but I very calmly explained he was just trying to get his way, she could see very plainly that I wasn't doing anything to him, so she needed to leave us alone while I took care of the situation.

After that lady, he stopped. He realized exaggerating wasn't going to get him his way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I don't know what to tell you:( My DD does that sometimes, fall when I nudge her when she is in trouble, but she never says that I hurt her... Here's a bump:/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

First time troll huh? Lol responding to your own post!! Lmao

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Tell him that his lies will get him taken away from you and you put in jail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I would put some cameras up in the house and show him that you have proof of his actions after the fact. Don't tell him where the cameras are, just play the tape for him after his time out. Let him know that you aren't playing his manipulative little game anymore.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
What do you do to punish him? He's obviously figured out you can be intimidated so you need to figure out when he realized that that go back to fix that.. If you aren't consisten, you threaten but never follow through or only after he has gotten so bad you have no choice. Those things all add up to your child feeling insecure and lashing out for boundaries and security
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I think 5 might be young, but maybe you could try and show him what could happen if he keeps doing that. Where he would go, how he could be treated by where CPS would take him. How he wouldn't see his mom and dad for a long time if he told the wrong lie/exaggerated too much. My daughter is 6 and I think it would affect her pretty well if I explained to her what her lies could do to our family. I would try to look up videos or stories about kids in state care for visuals. If that didn't work I think calling CPS might help. Maybe a worker can come out and talk to him and ask him if he wants to be taken away and not see mommy and daddy ever again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)