Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am overweight and I hardly eat anything. I want to lose weight help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I hardly eat. I eat when I am hungry and eat small portions. I was losing weight then a bunch of birthdays came up. I figured since I never eat I can just eat and it will be fine. Nope I gained weight. How can I get this weight off. I don't starve myself I just eat small portions and only when I get hungry. Do you have any tips or advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM

You have to eat to lose weight.  You have to keep it going, Eat every 4 hours ,even if it is just a cracker.

If not, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down.

svolkov
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Yes u killed your metabolism by nit eating....which means yhe moment you eat anything your body hokds onto it because its in starvation mode. Slowly add healthy calories. ...my fitness pal is a good tracker. You should be eating at least 1400 calories....more if u r active or breastfeeding
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Then eat...
starlight91
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Exercise while eating correctly.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Get your thyroid checked. That's my actual advice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
You need to eat 5 times a day and just count your grams of protein. Make sure you get at least 80 grams a day, split over 5 meals. Eat the protein food first, then in 3 meals fill up on vegetables and two have one servin of starch. I went to a registered dietitian and she told me to do this because I was getting too little protein and damn if the weight didn't start dropping off quickly.
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to eat to lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Your body goes into starvation mode when you don't eat. Eat five to six small meals a day and get out and walk. You don't need to run miles but get moving. Eat protein and vegetables, really try to fill up on vegetables. You can have carbs and fruit because your body needs them but measure the carbs especially. Some slices of bread are two carbs so read labels. And if you know there are three parties coming up pick one to have cake at. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Syphon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep a food diary...track everything you eat.  You might be consuming more calories than you think

Strawberry2008
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When  you cut out too many calories your body goes into starvation mode and then when you start eating again it holds on to everything. It's not so much that you cannot eat, it will matter more what you are eating. For example, try cutting out all white carbs, (white bread, pasta, potatoes) and replace them with whole wheat, brown rice and yams. It is best to always eat any carb with a protein because your body digests it differently, and it keeps your blood sugar from rising as highly. Eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day keeps your blood sugars at normal levels and makes it easier for your body to lose weight, as it realizes that you are not starving. Cutting out juice made a huge difference for me, as basically juice is just liquid sugar and calories. Instead I eat fresh fruit and drink lots of water. Before getting pregnant I lost a decent amount of weight by cutting back on carbs and eating more fruits/veggies, and drinking water instead of juice or pop. It is really easy to get frustrated, so rather than calling it a diet, it seems better to call it a life change, as you need to choose something that you can stick with long term, not a short term fix it, as the weight will come back if you go back to old habits. I am sure you can do it! It's a matter of changing your mindset, changing your eating habits, and finding new healthy foods/activities that you enjoy. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)