Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of kids on the ASD spectrum: did you vaccinate them and do you think there's a connection? Poll.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Vax status of your ASD child

Options:

we vaxed, all of them, on schedule and I don't believe there is a connection.

We vaxed, all of them, on schedule and we believe there is a connection.

We vaxed on a delayed schedule/ selectively and we dont think there is a connection

We vaxed selectively/ delayed schedule and we believe there is a connection

We did not vax but don't think there's a connection

We did not vax and believe there is a connection.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

Just wondering, coming from a drama page on Facebook and wanted an outside, unbiased view. 

If you did vax, did they get all their shots, did you delay and if you feel there's a connection, which vax was the trigger?

also, do you think your child was one with markers who may have bypassed ASD had they not had shots?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

When my son was first dxed his doctor (a nice woman that only deals with autism) asked us to have blood tests done to determine whether or not vaccinations were the cause. It was ruled out, but she asked for a reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I did vaccines for both children one has pdd nos the other child is fine
bonnie555
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Bump

twade26
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I have vaccinated all my children and my son is on the spectrum. I wanted to find a reason and I had found it in vaccinations but after doing research everyday for over a year I do not believe that the vaccinations were the cause. I think if you want to blame vaccines you have to blame everything. Our atmosphere, pollution, the food we eat, the drugs you did in high school, that glass of wine you had when you didn't know you were pregnant, or that hairspray you used in the 80s. We just don't and it can literally be anything.

bonnie555
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Bump

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my thinking too. I wonder if the cause is something we haven't even thought of yet.

Quoting twade26:

I have vaccinated all my children and my son is on the spectrum. I wanted to find a reason and I had found it in vaccinations but after doing research everyday for over a year I do not believe that the vaccinations were the cause. I think if you want to blame vaccines you have to blame everything. Our atmosphere, pollution, the food we eat, the drugs you did in high school, that glass of wine you had when you didn't know you were pregnant, or that hairspray you used in the 80s. We just don't and it can literally be anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

There isn't an option for me.  We fully vaxed our oldest and dx severe autism.  We do not vaccinate our youngest and does not have a diagnosis of autism.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

DS showed signs of autism long before he had the MMR.

There is family history of autism on BF's side, I believe that and that alone is the reason he has it.

bonnie555
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's a combination of things. Maybe some kids are just more susceptible to PDDs. 

Quoting Annettey19:

This is my thinking too. I wonder if the cause is something we haven't even thought of yet.

Quoting twade26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Due to insurance at the time, we delayed vaccinations until after DD was almost 3. She had her newborn and anything done at her 6 week check up, but nothing else past that. 

She had her quirks from birth. She couldn't tolerate bright light even while we were still at the hospital- she would just scream. Until she was about 1, we lived in a pretty dark house. We kept natural light to a minimum. She is much better with her light sensitivity now, but as a newborn, it was probably the first symptom (though, of course, we didn't recognize it until much later on). 

From the time she was old enough to sit up on her own, she has self soothed by rocking her upper body hard against whatever she could find- the sofa, her car seat, etc. She still does that to this day, and she's 11. 

She would also sit up in her crib, grab the bars, and start rocking back and forth so hard the crib would bang against the wall, and move away from it several inches by the time we were up and could get her out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN