Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should a stepmother be raising her step kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I have seen it often on here where step moms are saying they are the ones responsible for their stepkids. Do you think they should be the primary care taker (if both parents are around)? Or do you think bio parents should figure out a way for sm not to be the primary caretaker? (meaning she is the one watching them all day)
When i got with dh she would take them during day, us nights and switched weekends.

In my case bmbm sees kids eow, hubby is gone 16 hours a day, bm only works 20 hours a week by choice as a bus driver.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pbjtime87
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this
She is part of the parent circle . Every parent is responsible of helping raise children. Step parent or not.
sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

My stepmom raised me. I'm glad she did otherwise I would have turned out to be a completely different person. 

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Nailed it.

Quoting pbjtime87:

She is part of the parent circle . Every parent is responsible of helping raise children. Step parent or not.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Someone has to, and it's better to have a family member over a babysitter. IMO anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Ok but whst about bio parents barly seeing the kids? Example ncp only sees the eow and cp only sees the kids eow and MAYBE an hour or two at night. Often not seeing them at all. The kids asleep before cp gets home.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Why not ?  everybodies  life is different...?  Maybe th Bio Mom is not avaiable or does not  want, nothing to do with,, kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Bump
sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

This. 

I find CM has a lot of bitter BMs.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I think it all depends on the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)