Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say something to ex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Now, Im 100% sure it was not something sexual, but,

my 5 year old and I were just sitting here watching Fanboy & ChumChum and out of no where he says at daddy's house I stuck out my tongue and Auntie (he calls my ex's wife Auntie) put her tongue on my tongue. My jaw hit the floor and I asked him to repeat himself to make sure I heard him correctly.  

I say I'm sure it's not anything sexual because he's constantly licking or chewing on something, he always has been like this since infant, Pediatrician said it was normal due to some issues he was born with.

Anyway, would it be wrong for me to call and "talk" to my ex?  **edited the wording**

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
it would absolutely be wrong to flip out. Why don't you call him and have a conversation about what your son said instead of immediately jumping into hysterics
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Why would you flip out on your ex, he didn't do it?

I don't see the point in flipping out, especially since you say you KNOW it was not sexual. It was probably something cute.

I've done it w/my own kids when they were little.  My DD would say "look mommy" and stick her tongue out & I'd get down to her level & do the same thing, we'd make funny noises & many times the tips of our tongues touched.

Oh no look out, call CPS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I wouldn't immediately flip out, but, I know how he is and sure it will end up that way and

Because it's disgusting. 

Quoting mommy_me:

it would absolutely be wrong to flip out. Why don't you call him and have a conversation about what your son said instead of immediately jumping into hysterics

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
That's not what you said in the OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't immediately flip out, but, I know how he is and sure it will end up that way and

Because it's disgusting. 

Quoting mommy_me:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I wouldn't immediately flip out, but, talking to him he can't keep his mouth controlled and sure it will escalate (kinda why we are divorced) 

I'm his mother and I've told him many times it's not appropriate. I know how my son is and do get to his level but I also teach him some things are just not appropriate. Another woman's tongue in his mouth is disgusting.

I'm not the type to jump to CPS....

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see the point in flipping out, especially since you say you KNOW it was not sexual. It was probably something cute.

I've done it w/my own kids when they were little.  My DD would say "look mommy" and stick her tongue out & I'd get down to her level & do the same thing, we'd make funny noises & many times the tips of our tongues touched.

smushy79
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yes it would be wrong to flip out...without asking about it first. Then, if ex tells you that Auntie really does put her tongue on DS's tongue...then you can flip out!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Yes, I know. But,I'm a pushover to him basically.  To talk to him I know he will immediately start screaming at me (kinda some of the reason why we are divorced).  I will be like "we need to talk" and explain the situation....then he will flip out. Happens EVERY time. 

Quoting mommy_me:

That's not what you said in the OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's disgusting. 

Quoting mommy_me:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Tongues touching is not someone else's tongue in mouth, that is a stretch.

Also, you are controlling.  You can not control what goes on at your ex's house (could this be why he flips sometimes), he is able to parent how he sees fit as well, not just how you see fit.

I think this may also be an issue w/the fact that she is step-mom honestly.  She isn't some random person & she isn't shoving her tongue down his throat.

Sounds like what I did w/my kids, nothing sexual or gross about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't immediately flip out, but, talking to him he can't keep his mouth controlled and sure it will escalate (kinda why we are divorced) 

I'm his mother and I've told him many times it's not appropriate. I know how my son is and do get to his level but I also teach him some things are just not appropriate. Another woman's tongue in his mouth is disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Sorry, when it comes to stuff like that, yes, I will control it. It's disgusting. Actually no, it's always been quite the opposite. He walked all over me our 10 year marriage when I finally got the courage to stand up to him and left.   Really it has nothing to do with her being step-mom, they always have nice things to say about her which I like. Just when he told me this, I find it inappropriate and teaching him any adult/person who wants to do that it's "okay". I teach my kids boundaries and clearly she crossed one.   

Quoting Anonymous:

Tongues touching is not someone else's tongue in mouth, that is a stretch.

Also, you are controlling.  You can not control what goes on at your ex's house (could this be why he flips sometimes), he is able to parent how he sees fit as well, not just how you see fit.

I think this may also be an issue w/the fact that she is step-mom honestly.  She isn't some random person & she isn't shoving her tongue down his throat.

Sounds like what I did w/my kids, nothing sexual or gross about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)