Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms that work out

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you have a strict routine or plan of action that you follow every day on a specific schedule or do you do what you feel like doing that day, but push it and make sure you have worked out very hard. 

I love working out and I do it every day, in many different ways. The gym, at home, in the park, with my husband and his home MMA fitness routine, and what ever else I feel like doing for fitness. I go to the gym most, because that's my favourite, there is so much to do and you can up the challenge on any given option of activity or machine, but with all of this I don't follow any sort of plan. I just sort of do what I want and only take in to consideration that I do a cardio activity and a weight/endurance activity set every day, that I hit all my muscle groups equally and that I work out to the point of knowing it was a hard ass work out. My results are always very good, but I often see people with trainers checking off different exercises on their paper charts and being very structured about it all. This would bore me but I do some times wonder if it pulls the specific results the participant was hoping for.

I just wondered how many other moms do that, or just wing it like I do. If your work out is very structuerd or supervised does it work better for you than the other way?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I work out at the gym.  I always start off on the treadmill, then I follow a strict routine but I change my routine every 3 months.

In the summer I also get a lot of recreational exercise from walking, cycling and swimming.

by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I am a structured kinda girl.. I want to make sure I'm getting the most benefit for my workout- which means, if it's a cardio day ( 5 days per week), I'm running around 6 miles per run if I'm not doing a HITT run or hill intervals... if it is weights, I make sure I'm working large muscle groups, multi- joint, and then small joint groups, and finally flexibility. I also make sure I'm alternating muscle groups so my muscle strands can rebuild and restrand adequately, which means about 48 hours between groups. I'm also getting my ACSM CPT very soon, which is another reason I'm very structured. 

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I work out at the gym at my work.  I'm on a very tight time schedule.  I'm the front desk receptionist and get an hour lunch and have to be back on time because someone is covering the desk for me.  I usually do 20 minutes on either the elliptical or the treadmill.  Then I lift weights, do crunches, push ups, squats and lunges.  I  switch up routine every 2-3 weeks to work other muscles.  I don't have time after work since I have to get home to the kids.  I also can do some things at home though.  I get my 30 minutes in at the gym, and I go 4-5 days a week depending if I have to come in late, leave early or have a day off from work.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I have a workout plan and I stick to it strictly. I always get in my cardio, I run 2 miles daily (1-2 days rest per week). Then I will do Pilates, x-factor, Jillian Micheal's etc. But only 1 at a time obviously, and I will stick with those for the duration it is recommended before I change to the next thing!

by Sue daNim on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I'm a runner, so that's what I do :)  Every day while it's still dark outside.

I usually add a small weight routine-5/10 min. if I have time.  I work the small and large muscles at the same time (lunges with shoulder raises, squats with bicep curls) to get the most bang for my buck.

by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Im strict with the timing of my workout. Every day 5:30am and for no less than 30 mins cardio, 15 mins other stuff. It must be atleast 45mins a day.

by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I need to get back into a routine. *sigh* I was in one & then with the move and all I've had a hard time getting back into one.

I'm still trying to decide what to do. I was looking into Zumba. It looks like fun

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I just do competitive pole dancing. I practice at least an hour a day. If I'm learning a new move that I am not strong enough for, I will add some extra workouts to develop how I need to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)