Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me your opinion ~pic~

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Ok I am probably being a bit paranoid, but I am just seeking advice and opinions.  My husband has small teeth with large gaps in between, he has had to have a lot of dental work done.  He takes good care of his teeth, the dentist says he is more susceptible to cavities.  Well our three year old son (just turned three) is showing the same tooth pattern I think.  His teeth are also gaped and small.  He has his first dental appointment Monday, and I am freaking out scared that he will need work done and maybe even caps.  I see NO brown spots, but there are a few white spots. 

Anyone else had a child gets caps on thier teeth WITHOUT seeing decay? 

Here are a couple of pics, it was the best I could get...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

bump

gsdogsrule
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Actually, gaps between baby teeth are normal and a good thing -- it provides room for the bigger, adult teeth. Relax.

mtdew
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'm not seeing any decay.  His teeth look fine.

mom2_2542
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Absolutely. My dentist said my son having spaces like that means he won't have overcrowding adult teeth and most likely won't need braces.
And no I don't see any brown spots at all. Hr looks good

Quoting gsdogsrule:

Actually, gaps between baby teeth are normal and a good thing -- it provides room for the bigger, adult teeth. Relax.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I think it's better if the gaps are there now. My 2 youngest sons had perfect baby teeth. They were straight, close together and beautiful. Now that their adult teeth are coming there's no room, so the teeth are coming in crooked. I'm hoping as they grow, their mouths will get a little bigger and the teeth will straighten out. 

My oldest had a gap in his baby teeth, and now has beautifully straight adult teeth coming in. 

I'm not a dentist though, so these are just my opinions. :) 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

They look fine to me and why would baby teeth be capped?

JTE11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

This was what I was going to say. :) Toddler teeth should have some gaps. My DD has the same spaces between her teeth.

Quoting gsdogsrule:

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

His teeth look like my ds teeth, he's 3.... The dentist said he was fine too...

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Relax. Baby teeth gaps are not the same as adult gaps.

However, a white spot is the first sign of a cavity. Brush his teeth as often as you can, only water at bedtime and fluride if needed. Do you have well water? If so, get a fluride script from the dentist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Thank you ladies for your advice...I feel a little better, but I guess won't have peace of mind until the dentist tells me lol.  My nephew just got caps on his front teeth, but his mom let him have kool-aid and soda all the time.  I cringe at the thought of my child having to have caps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)