Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

apparently i adopted a 9 month old***Update***...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
Im 9 months pregnant with my first.My 19 year old cousin and her son moved in with my husband and I.She cheated on her DF,he left her and she was expecting to move in with the new Guy...come to find out hes married with 5 kids by 4 different women..he wants nothing to do with her.

She stays up ALL night,Sleeps all day.
She doesn't get up with him,she lets him scream till I get him.she doesn't wake up to feed him.She doesn't clean up after him,she doesn't bathe him.

He doesn't crawl or even roll over so it shouldn't be that hard to watch him!He gets around in his walker,which he can only be in the livingroom with and she still can't seem to watch him.I got out of the shower today and he was eating a pencil right inftont of her.Yesterday he choked on a marshmallow 3 different times right infront of her and she did nothing but stay on her phone...its ridiculous!!

I'm 19,My husband and I own our house.We planned this child and I've been "on my own" (with him) since I was 15.It amazes me how immature she is!

UPDATE-My cousin is currently on a date with some new guy,she had a guy a the house last night (made them stay outside) and this is a totally different guy..she tried to take the baby with her to hang out with this guy..

I told her she could leave and not come back and I told her I would keep the baby..she left,so I guess we will see what happens.There's a pic of him in replies :)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karenjm
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

That's kind of sad.  Poor baby.

Birdseed
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

She sounds really depressed.  Any chance of her getting some help?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor baby :(

Get off Cafemom and go love on him! Someone needs to. Don't let him scream. Just pick him up and love him since she won't. He can't roll over at 7 months? Sounds like she's neglected him. Try playing with him. Just be maternal. Maybe one day she'll appreciate someone loved her child when she couldn't.

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Call cps because it sounds like it your not around he's being neglected and put at risk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Her sons father said she's always been this way with him,she would rather play on her phone.

Quoting Birdseed:

She sounds really depressed.  Any chance of her getting some help?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM
He's 9 months old..I just realized the title said 7..oops!

I do take care of him,She doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor baby :(

Get off Cafemom and go love on him! Someone needs to. Don't let him scream. Just pick him up and love him since she won't. He can't roll over at 7 months? Sounds like she's neglected him. Try playing with him. Just be maternal. Maybe one day she'll appreciate someone loved her child when she couldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I don't want him to get taken away..I'm ALWAYS around (Other than when I take a shower).I take him with me everywhere I go and of I can't take him with me then my husband has him.

Quoting momto1ryen:

Call cps because it sounds like it your not around he's being neglected and put at risk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'd tell her she will no longer be allowed to live there unless she take cares of her child. If she can't do that and tries to leave with the baby tell her you will be calling cps because that is neglect.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Either step up and adopt the kid for real or call CPS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HollyBerry1013
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

id give her a warning and if she didnt straighten up id call child services on her for neglect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)