Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I never thought this could happen to me

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
It looks like I may end up becoming a SAHM. I am not sure if I should be excited or dread it. :-/ I really enjoy working, but I can't get myself to send my baby to daycare. My salary negotiations at work don't appear that they are going to go my way. Maybe it is just time for me to be home for awhile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Your babes will appreciate it :)
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

You will end up loving it. I think. I hope. lol

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Its a special time. I am about to end my stay home days and feel the same way you do.
MalakbelLacuna
you will love it for a bit and then slowly start to go crazy
at least thats how its going for me currently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
Being at home is not so bad. You get to enjoy your family for a while and look for better employment.
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

that would be bitter sweet for me. i would enjoy the time off for a week or 2 but then i'd go crazy sitting in the house i think lol

Arabellas_Mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I love staying home with my kids :) And it's not like you have to be a SAHM for forever :)
robyann
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I love being a sahm, but it's not for everyone. I have always been a sahm, or homemaker, I prefer that "title" lol. My oldest child is 30 now and my youngest is 18. Now I still stay home but my "duties" have changed. I do have gkids nearly everyday. That's why I like the "title" homemaker, because it doesn't end with the kids grow up. I am available to my dh, kids, gkids when they need me. I thought I'd have more time for "me" things by this point in my life, but no not really, I'm just as busy as I always have been. 

You will like staying home, at least for a little while. Then you can decide if you want to go back to work or continue staying at home. With this chance to stay home, you'll have prespective from both sides, so you'll really be able to see what works best for you and your family. 

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I never thought I would do it either. I loved working, I loved contributing financially to our family. However, I honestly feel more fulfilled staying home. I never thought I could be a 'house wife/SAHM,' but I love it.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I have tried it before and hated it. I wasn't very happy in general back then though.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

You will end up loving it. I think. I hope. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)