Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of children at weddings

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My step bil is getting married in May, my husband isn't a part of the wedding but we were invited to be guests.
Well I have a two year old and I'm going to have a newborn by the time they're wedding is here. I assumed that they wouldn't want my kids there because I wouldn't want a crying new born and a two year old at my wedding. I checked that my dh would be attending but I'd stay home with the kids.
My mil flipped, she said we had to come its a family event. Ok fine, we will go, no big deal.
Well now I'm nervous because my baby will be a max of five weeks old, it's an outside wedding. People will want to touch him and stuff.

Do you think it would be incredibly rude to tell people not to touch him lol? Since we all have to go, I can at least say no touching the new born right?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
http://www.healthylittleones.com/OnTheGo.html

That's a website to the tags
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ealane2011
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Someone would be getting the shit beat out of them if they up and grabbed my baby away from me... But I agree with Lucy.. use a Moby so it will be less likely to happen. I will be having the same scenario with my newborn and plan on doing the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

My in laws are very forward people, they will just take him from me...

Quoting lucydiamond:

I would never say that aloud. I would probably just wear him and not really give people the opportunity to paw at him.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Oh if he's sleeping, it's an even better excuse.  I remember when my cousin got married, my brother was only 5 weeks old (I'm 8 years older).  My parents brought him along and he slept pretty much the whole entire time that people didn't even realize he was there.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's good, and he will most likely sleep the whole time anyways.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I would just politely tell people that you don't want to disturb him or over-stimulate him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
If he has to eat I have to go to the car or bathroom, they've already told me. Even in their house I had to go to a different room to feed dd.

Quoting maybe80:

Totally wear him! Such a good idea. He needs to eat! Nom nom nom
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Lol I love it.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

http://www.healthylittleones.com/OnTheGo.html

That's a website to the tags
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Just wear him. People will be less likely to touch and he will sleep:) don't worry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Holy shit... I would pull out the boob and just feed him. What is wrong with them!

This sounds incredibly strange. The hot car? The POOPY bathroom? NOPE. I wouldn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

If he has to eat I have to go to the car or bathroom, they've already told me. Even in their house I had to go to a different room to feed dd.

Quoting maybe80:

Totally wear him! Such a good idea. He needs to eat! Nom nom nom
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

this!!! whats wrong with a couple people holding baby? gotta enter the word sometime. I was only overprotective and had a "hands off" rule about my preemie until she hit her due date.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

I think germs are good for babies. Our parents were never like this with us and we all came out ok.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I keep my baby in his carseat when I don't want people to touch him. I can pull the cover over and it's pretty obvious he should be left alone.

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, from an immune standpoint, that's a good time because baby is still working off of your immunity--it's called passive immunity.  So your child at that point will have all the benefits of your immune system.  It's not until they get a little older (around 6 mos) that the child loses that and has to start acquiring his/her own active immunity via fighting off disease and making antibodies on his/her own.

So..if you were going to expose your baby to people then between birth and 5-6 mos, you have a lot less to worry about than if your baby was 6 mos or older.

Check it out with your doctor. But based on my working knowledge of human immunity, what I think is that you're actually in a BETTER place with a younger baby as far as this wedding goes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)