Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Either use the baby gate I gave you or close the damn door. Otherwise my child is going to be in your room.li

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Sil moved in with us 3 months ago.
I do love her but some of the things she does drives me nuts.

She's 24 and 14 weeks pregnant.

We have a dd who is going to be one on Friday.

She's crawling and had started standing and walking on her own without holding onto anything.

Sister in laws room is down stairs right off of the living room which is where dd plays.

I use to put a baby gate at the stairs and the kitchen door way and just close the bathroom and guest room door in order to keep dd contained and occupied while I clean and such.
She has a toy box in the corner and everything in that room is baby proof, so it doubles as a play room.

Now sil refuses to keep her bedroom door (former guest room) shut because apperantly it makes it too dark and cramped. (even when she isn't in there).

I got an extra baby gate, showed her how to use it and she refuses to put it up.

But then she wants to bitch about how dd is always coming into her room and trying to mess in her things.

She insists that we should giver her our room since we aren't going to keep Dd out of hers.

I told her hell no. She's living here rent free. Not paying bills. Not helping with groceries or anything.
We let her move in because she was having a hard time.

She needs to quit being such a demanding brat and either cooperate with us or find someone else who's willing to take her in for free.

She is completely immature. I've tried to help her and teach her things.

She doesn't want to grow up.

And I understand she's pregnant and hit a hard time but that is no reason to her to be acting like a demanding brat.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
She should be thanking you up and down every day and helping you with the baby. She wouldn't even be living under my roof to begin with. Does she not know how to be grateful?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Apparently not...

Quoting Nicoleb9:

She should be thanking you up and down every day and helping you with the baby. She wouldn't even be living under my roof to begin with. Does she not know how to be grateful?

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
You need to have a serious, matter of fact conversation with this girl. She's lucky and should be reminded of that. A lot of people wouldn't allow her to live there period.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently not...

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

She is being a brat.. sorry that must suck..

I would tell her that she does it your way or she can find somwhere else to live. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Been there. I hate ungrateful guests
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

This. You need to let her know that this is YOUR HOUSE! That it is your way or the highway. And that although you love her, and love having her here, this was your daughters house first, and you're going to be putting her needs before your SIL's. If that means that she has to put a baby gate up, then so be it.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

You need to have a serious, matter of fact conversation with this girl. She's lucky and should be reminded of that. A lot of people wouldn't allow her to live there period.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently not...

Quoting Nicoleb9:

robyann
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

yep she sounds ungrateful, I'd just continue to shut the door, tell her this is YOUR house and in YOUR house that door stays shut, if she starts complaining ask her if she'd rather live somewhere else? 

Aleta775
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Wow. She's is being very stupid. How hard is it to just close the door?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What an entitled bitch. Wow. 

Rlmama00
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

She needs to do what you say or get out. Seriously. You are helping her out and she should be kissing your ass, not being a pain in the ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)