Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-section or no C-section for a tubal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I want a tubal when this baby is born. I have been doing some research online and it says I can either do it during a c-section, or 2 days after a vaginal birth. So my question is, which is better?

I would prefer a vaginal birth, but I am not sure I would want surgery right after one. It seems like it might be better to have it all done in one shot. Idk though.

And yes I will be talking to my OB tomorrow about it, I just wanted some personal opinions and experiences before then.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I did it during my CSection only because I HAD TO HAVE a c section done. Otherwise, noooo way would I elect to have a c section .The pain and the pain lasted for a week!
But thats me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
See thats what I wasnt sure of. Is it the same pain and surgery type if you do it without a csection? Because to me, it doesnt make sense to have a csection like surgery two days after birth, if it is basically the same as just having a csection, why not do both at once? But if itsnt the same surgery type procedure, then obviously I want to opt for the less painful lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I did it during my CSection only because I HAD TO HAVE a c section done. Otherwise, noooo way would I elect to have a c section .The pain and the pain lasted for a week!

But thats me.

atyou
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
If they do.it laproscopacly.....it's easy peasy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I'd rather do the vaginal birth, then the tubal. It's less risk for the baby and not as much cutting on you.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I had a tubal done the day after my daughter was born. She was born around 11:30 at night I had the surgery done the next morning @ 8am. I delivered vaginaly. I hope that helps. FYI my scar is way tiny too.

Destiny907
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

um no should EVER choose a C-section on purpose!!! NEVER-  C sections are for emergencies!

And the tubals today are done via laproscope so it's considered "band-aid" surgery- not too bad. don't worry about that...

NEVER get C-sections on purpse!!!!!

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Op you need to do some research. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Did you have any pain and trouble getting around like you would for a csection?

Quoting chattycassie:

I had a tubal done the day after my daughter was born. She was born around 11:30 at night I had the surgery done the next morning @ 8am. I delivered vaginaly. I hope that helps. FYI my scar is way tiny too.

bwsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
i had a section then tubal .. and it sucked ! it took about 8 weeks before the pain went away and i was told i hurt worse because of the combined section and tubal .. so i would opt for vaginal then tubal if you can .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)