Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would your husband help you out?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 111 Replies

My son is having issues in school. Nothing big, but it requires a bit more work once he gets out of school for the day.  I do his homework with him and also have him do a few more things to improve on his writing and spelling.  He has a book report due Friday so that's also on the agenda.  It's going to be a long night. 

So, I get out of work at 5pm, the husband gets out at 2pm.  Thinking about the busy night ahead, I asked him if he would bring our son to get his hair cut before I got home, you know, divide and conquer type of thing.  My husband just said, "No."  I asked why not and it was simply, "Because I don't want to."  I hung up and now I'm starting to get a little pissed.  He works barely at all during the week, doesn't help financially, and also refuses to help with the kiddo?  Come on now....!!

Would your other half have helped you out or no?  Maybe I'm overreacting.  But I'm still irritated.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Um, yeah. He would. It's his kid, too.

You have every right to be pissed and not overreacting in my opinion.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
My husband would defintely help in that situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barneysaid
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell him to get the Fuck out of my house!! We are not In the 1950's any more. It's 2013 Dammit!!!! There is no excuse for that. You both are parents!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

So?  Next time he has something he wants you to do, or when he asks about dinner, tell him the same thing.  

But yes, my husband would help me out.  

HappySquirrel
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
My husband's likely words there would have been, "I'd be happy to. Do you need anything while I'm in town?"
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh would help.  But he also would be working full time and helpi g financially.

rebeccadac
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

absolutely he would... last week all three kiddos were on spring break... I had the  opps to make $250 doing a survey thing for the day... HE volunteered to take the day off so I could go do it! Glad to say that he is a great help with our kids and those that I babysit for as well!

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

At that point it isnt a matter of 'helping' me, it's a matter of doing his part in the care of our child. Saying 'help me' makes it seem like it's MY job to deal with the kid and ONLY my job. He helped make the kid, the kid is as much his responsibility as mine. Im lucky my husband doesnt look at taking care of our kids as helping me but as simply being a father. Sorry for you!

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Yes.  Parenting is teamwork, in our house.

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My husband never would have acted like that....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)